Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

Adrenaline #74 - 10/11/17 Empty Adrenaline #74 - 10/11/17

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:45 am
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't Ask... And You Shall Recieve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Another match...Another defeat. Story of my life in 4CW, isn't it? Genievie got the better of me, though. She didn't get a half-hearted Christy Chaos. She got the real me and she won. I said I would admit that I said I would not hide behind it... and here I am. Staying true to that. She got the better of me and she won, good for her."

"I wish her the best of luck in the Warzone of Horrors. I hear that can get pretty brutal, but she's well aware of that. Best of luck regardless. Now just because I accepted this loss, just because I admitted she was better than me, on that night... does not mean I'm just falling in line and accepting my Fate, thus far in 4CW."

"*Chuckles* Irony aside, I have not accepted that. I know you are sick of hearing the lies... sick of the false promises. I'm sick of making them. Everything is going to turn around. It's a fact, it's a guarantee. It's only a matter of time. You know what, though? As the saying goes, there's no time like the present."

------------------------------

Another boring press conference. Christy really hated these, they really weren't her thing. Sure she ran the company, she should of expected things like that to fall on her. Lucky for her, they don't have to. Sitting in the back of the room staying hidden from everyone else the best she could, she watches her Chief Risk Officer & Lead Investor, Jack Michaels at the front of the room, standing at the podium as the press asked him questions regarding and promoting the HSW's Winter Survival iPPV Event. More particularly, the Sole Survivor Match. The big match inviting anyone and everyone for a chance at the World Championship just hadn't garnered enough attention and Jack was promoting it for exactly that reason.

Absent-mindedly fiddling with her phone she watches Jack handle it like a pro. If she could be bothered, she could do it, but he's just a natural. He's the better image for the company, he's a legend that just commands respect no matter what he does. Besides, she rather let him worry about all the press matters, she's got her own matters to concern herself with. She's got an important match in a couple days on Adrenaline. A match she may not have asked for. In fact a match and opportunity she deliberately said she didn't want to be handed to her, but it wouldn't stop her from going for it anyways.

Looking around to see there was no one in her close vicinity, while everyone had their attention on Jack at the podium up front. Knowing the coast is clear, Christy looks to her phone and begins to record.

"It's funny. There are people who fight and claw in this business. Bust their ass and practically beg for opportunities they have not yet earned. Then there are people who flat out say they don't want them and get them anyways. That would be myself and Alexis. She pretty much spits on the Fate Championship, telling everyone she doesn't care about that title and that she didn't want a rematch for it."

"I don't really know her reasons, nor do I really care. Maybe she feels the same way I do, with her strand of bad luck as of recent? I don't know. I just know that I didn't spit on the title like she did, but I did say I didn't want the opportunity. I wanted to be at Fright Night... but not in a Championship match. Like I said, I do not deserve it. Look at my record in this company, it's really quite pathetic. I have no right to a championship match. I am not saying I don't want to get there, but I have self-respect. I do not need gifts handed to me. I rather earn my keep, but here we are."

"Neither of us wanted this opportunity, yet the winner of this match is being given a shot at the Fate Championship at Fright Night. Alexis deserves it, whether she wants the title or not... she is a former champion. I'm... I'm nothing. I do not deserve it, so I did not want it until I did. I'm not an idiot, though. The opportunity is here, I'm not just going to throw it away. Sure, I'll be a patsy in that match at Fright Night... the talk of how I do not deserve to be there. That's quite alright, though. I will just have to earn my keep when I have my first defense, won't I? That is a ways away though, first I must defeat Alexis again, just like I have done before."

Chuckling softly Christy gives a slight shrug.

"I know, I'm well aware you weren't really on your game last time. I'm not really bragging about beating you. The record books may show that I beat you on Adrenaline #71, but did I REALLY beat you? That's to change on Adrenaline #74, though, don't worry. Whether you are on your game or not, that isn't my fault, but only your one. Once is a fluke... twice... not so much. I don't doubt I will beat you, though regardless of what state you are in. See this is the part where I talk about the bad luck you have had as of late... with your only recent victory being a guy named Hubert Smalls... which, with a name like that... obviously not that much of a threat."

"That's what I'm supposed to be doing, but not what I am going to do. That would be kind of silly of me, don't you think? I am many things... a hypocrite is not one of them. I can't knock you for your string of bad luck, knowing full well I have only won two matches since I been back. One may have been against you, but we already established that... The other was against Zoe from Octane... yea, I'm not really going to brag about either one."

She chuckles and shakes her head.

"No, I don't care about how you have done as of recent because we seem to be on a level playing field in that department. Let's look a little deeper, dig a little more into you like I failed to bother with last time. You're a former Fate Champion... which I already knew that. What more intrigues me, is that you have been a World Champion, like myself... but like myself, you have only done so in one company. You don't have that one-trick pony stigma attached to yourself, like I do, though... because you have held other titles in other companies, for that I commend you."

"I get given crap for that, but I don't think people understand. They don't realize the ACW HellCat Championship. That wasn't some title I won on the side. That was the very first company I had joined. I was young hungry and energized, but that is beside the point. When I joined the EWE, the part people fail to realize, is that I didn't compete elsewhere like I do now. Yea, everyone knows I compete in two different companies right now, two that despise one another. With that company, I was exclusive to that company for an entire decade. Until the last couple months of the company's existence, I had never competed in another ring since the day I joined it. Now you can claim I was just playing it safe. Staying in my comfort zone, being cowardly to keep myself protected. However you feel like wording it, I will not admit it, but I will not deny it either. I probably unintentionally was doing exactly that. Unintentionally, because I never thought about it, I never cared. Near the end, though... I did look for a new place to go. Because not only had I done everything I could do there... I heard the whispers. No one would ever say it to my face, but I heard their whispers... I heard their thoughts... heck maybe they were my own thoughts doubting myself. All I know is I knew it was out there... the image, the thoughts, Christy Chaos is a One-Trick-Pony that could not succeed outside of an EWE Ring. Anywhere else she would be a complete joke and failure. That is why I left, that is why I moved on. The sad reality is... so far... those thoughts have been proven to be 100% true."

She puts a finger up with a cold stare.

"So far... They will never be completely true, until I give up on this business entirely one and for all, leaving that company's achievements as the only thing on my resume. Now I know it feels like I got a little off topic there, but I just wanted you to realize. It's not like I been galavanting around whoring myself out to every company who will take me like some people like to do. I only recently started doing more than one company at a time... I only started competing outside of the company that was my home a little last year and then this year when I came back."

"But Alexis, I do commend you that you have done so. That you have had successes in more than one company, granted you have only been to the mountaintop in one of them... you've still branched farther than I have. That being said, you do need to win this match. You may not want the championship back, but you do need to win this match no matter if you realize it or not. I mean, you may or may not be aware, but I am kind of your jinx. I don't know how I have managed it, but ever since I have come back, my presence has jinxed you."

"I mean think about it. You were riding high, you were a champion. Your downward spiral began, on the very same night, I returned. I even played a role in it by beating you. Again, not to brag about that. Seriously though, the very same night I returned... is the night you lost that title to Anastasia Hayden. It's been all downhill from there with Hubert Smalls as the only small piece of light in your pit of darkness. Unless you want to count the fact that you and Genie drew. Forgetting that, though... you know, a half-hearted Alexis and Zoe Chaos isn't such bad lonely victories keeping one from complete losing, when you compare here."

She gives a small shrug and a slight chuckle before glancing back up to the podium. She is quite surprised that Jack is still at it. How many questions do they really have to ask? I guess she would know if she was actually paying attention. She cares, it is about her own company after all. She just isn't concerned with the minor details. Promotion, that's something Jack is better at. He has a reputation that speaks for itself, so why not let him do his thing. It's win-win, cause then she doesn't have to to do it. All this thinking she almost forgot she was in the middle of a promo recording. Chuckling she looks back down to her phone.

"Sorry, but my point I was getting at. You need to beat me. Put an end to your little curse. I may not be the biggest star in 4CW, or anywhere close... but I'm still the perfect opportunity and chance for you to turn it all around. I mean you can beat me, end the curse, whether we believe in it or not... then go get your title back. You may not want it, but that is the best case scenario for you right now. I mean I didn't even want this chance myself, I feel I do not deserve this. I feel like I am being given a participation trophy and I HATE that. I never needed one of those. That is how I know I have completely sunk."

"Regardless, I did not want it... but I'm going to fight like hell to get it. So should you. I mean yes I get it... you done held the title, you don't want it back because you want to move onto bigger and better things. The fact is, those opportunities aren't being given to you right now. If you want to stay relevant, you have to take what they give you... and strive at it. Do like I would do... what I will do. Win your title back in spite of it... make it worth more than it actually is, just because you are holding it. Elevate it, raise its value... that's what I will do after I beat you if you want me to. Show you what it means to be a REAL champion. The championship is valuable because I'm the one who holds it. You gotta raise it so that it's perceived as being bigger than even the 4CW Championship itself... which considering our current champion, isn't that hard to do."

Chuckling again she gives a slight shrug.

"All kidding aside. That's what needs to be done. So the real question is, what is it going to be, Alexis? Are you going to whoop my ass, prove not only my victory over you was a fluke... but your reign as Fate Champion wasn't a fluke, when you go on to win it back... are you going to do that? Do you have what it takes to do that?"

"Or are you going to make me show you your victory over me was no fluke... that it was your reign that was the fluke... as I go on to show you what a real champion looks like?"

"There's a chance that neither of these scenarios will happen. There's a chance that no matter which one of us wins this match, we will still fail at Fright Night. Not because of Andre... not because of Caroline... not because of American Tommy... but because of the champion herself. She's on a roll... I'm well aware of her talent and success. She's actually the one I am looking forward to. That is perhaps the biggest motivator of the entire thing. So with that being said..."

Christy stops as something Jack says draws her attention.

"I'll be bringing my business partner up here to explain in more detail... but the bottom line. If any of you know any competitors out there with the balls, tell them to come to our site and sign up."

Christy looks back to her phone.

"I think my time is being cut short... The only thing left to say, Alexis... is that I'll see you at Adrenaline... where I wish you the best of luck. For you'll once again become Just Another Star Struck."

She gives a wink to her phone before shutting it off.

"So please welcome the President and Chief Executive Officer of High Stakes Wrestling. Christy Clark-Chaos."

Jack holds his hand out towards her direction as she sighs and stands up from her table making her way up to the podium.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum