Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

Adrenaline #69 - 7/12/17 Empty Adrenaline #69 - 7/12/17

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:30 am
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Countdown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Time is relevant."

The voice is all too familiar. The camera picks up on this voice and soon focuses in, to indeed see Christy Chaos sitting on a crate just outside the gorilla position. Wearing her wrestling attire, that is hot pink on this occasion, she looks down up to the camera.

"Especially in a match like this, but it is even more relevant, to me in particular. How much time has passed since I have competed in that ring? Too much. I have not competed in a match in over a year, and my first match back is one of the most unpredictable matches in the history of this business."

She looks down in thought for a moment, then shakes her head.

"It's not a question of if I can go the distance. I've proven time and time again, to have the endurance. I've proven people wrong, more times than I can count. Coming off a year absence though, being one of the unlucky two, that would be a tough task even for me."

Cusping her right hand under her chin she gives a slight nod to the camera.

"Don't get me wrong, if luck is not on my side, and I am one of the unfortunate two to start this match. I will do all I can to prove everyone wrong again, including myself this time. I shouldn't have to worry about that, though. The odds are much higher that I'll be right here at some point... waiting and anticipating in an almost slowed down feeling, for the crowd to count me down."

Christy picks up her wrestling boots and sets them down to her right side as she glances back to the camera.

"As the countdown begins, you begin to reflect. What brought you here, to this very moment, this match? For me, what brought me back after a year of retirement? It's pretty simple, to be honest. I climbed to the tip top of one company, I will not be satisfied until I do it again."

Pausing for a moment, she gives a slight nod.

"That is why I have come back. My retirement was never meant to last, not until I have done what I set out to do. I will not stop until I am the 4CW Champion. Whatever else I collect on the way, is just bonus material. Make no mistake, I have returned for that 4CW Championship. It doesn't matter if it's next month, or next year... I'm going to claim that championship."

She chuckles lightly as she thinks about something.

"This match just helps speed that quest along a little bit."

She grabs her right boot and puts it on her foot. As she begins to lace it up, she continues to speak.

"Now that we know why we are here, we look at the match itself. You look at the list, and you see some names you've never even heard of."

Christy gives a slight shrug as she continues lacing her boot.

"I don't know these people, and I don't care to know them, either. That doesn't mean I'm going to let them surprise me. Not a chance will I let that happen. I mean, after all, maybe not to a few of them... but I'm sure to some of you, I'm one of those people."

She finishes lacing her boot and looks straight up to the camera.

"And I know what I'm capable of. So no, I'm not going to make that mistake."

Grabbing her left boot, she puts it on and begins to lace it up as well. Once again, speaking as she does so.

"You also have a few people I vaguely remember from last time. Guys like Luke Jones, Nirvana, Jan van der Roost, Konrad Raab, and Brian Hollywood.I'm glad to see you guys are still around, still giving it the good ole' try. It's good for you, and I am sure you're going to be giving it your best shot. I can't say that's going to be good enough, though."

She shakes her head as she finishes lacing her boot and looks up to the camera.

"If you think for one second you're going to make your claim to the fame and fortune of the 4CW Championship, by stepping over me... you got another thing coming. Luck will not be on your side."

Christy brushes a hand through her hair still looking at the camera.

"And seven, they say is a lucky number. I won't argue or debate whether that is true or not. I will, however, call bullshit on anyone who claims they are going to win this match because they are the greatest wrestler alive today."

She chuckles and shakes her head.

"Newsflash, the worst wrestler alive today, could win this match. It's not about skills and talent. This match is 20% Skills... 80% luck. Don't you guys forget that. You can argue all you want about how it takes strength to latch onto the ropes... ability to maintain your balance on the apron. If luck isn't on your side, you'll never even get a chance to grab those ropes or keep your balance. Not to mention, the luck of the draw that decides when you even enter the match, to begin with."

Picking up a roll of tape she smirks slightly as she looks at it.

"Fortunately, I've had a few instances in my career, where I've been a very lucky girl. Here's to hoping fate strikes one more time."

She looks back to the camera.

"And not for a self-proclaimed Super Hero."

Taking the tape she begins to wrap her left wrist. As usual, she speaks as she does this.

"That's not all of it, though. There is some skill, some strategy. I said 80%, not 100. You do still need to know how to pick your spot. Luck can carry you through most of this match, but if your spots correctly, that can take you to victory too. Know when to strike, know when to lean back and watch someone else. I'm not claiming to be an expert on this match, I'm just stating the obvious."

Ripping the tape, she looks back to the camera.

"I'm not afraid to do exactly that. I have no problems with hiding out in a corner and picking my spots. I'm not here to claim I'm going to dominate everybody that gets in my way... I'm just here to win, and do whatever it takes to do so."

She looks to her wrist. Opening and closing her left hand a few times to test out the feeling of the tape she smirks and glances back to the camera.

"I'm sure Jair Hopkins knows what I'm talking about. Two-time 4CW Champion, looking for number three. I'm sure he knows exactly what it means to do whatever it takes, to get the job done. Luck, skill, picking your spot... whatever it takes, right? He chose his spot, just by signing up for this match. He chose his spot to get back into the hunt for that Championship. I hate to break it to ya though, Hopkins. You're not getting that hat trick... at least not right now."

She now begins taping up her right wrist, once again speaking as she does so.

"As we reach the halfway point, it's time to reflect again, but not on why I'm here. Rather, how I'm here. Who to thank for this opportunity. I guess technically it would be Perry, he did give me another contract and approve of this match, after all."

Still wrapping she shakes her head.

"I do thank him, but that's not who I mean. This match and opportunity would not be happening if not for efforts and persistence of Matthias Barrows. I have to have a little respect for the guy, he pushed for this match to happen. It's almost a shame he did all that work, and it won't pay off for him in the end."

Finishing her tape she looks to the camera with a shrug.

"ALMOST a shame. I thank you none the less, though Matthias. It's because of you, and your persistence... that I have the opportunity to embark on perhaps one of the greatest returns this company has ever seen... so thank you."

She chuckles a little as she loosens up her right wrist.

"I wish you the best of luck, since I got tossed into the mix, you're certainly going to need it."

Sighing a little she gives a small scratch to the side of her neck.

"Of course, there was someone else trying to lay claim and steal credit for this match. I'm not surprised because the same guy would probably lay claim to beating me last year. I was in the match, but make no mistake about it, he didn't beat ME, he beat Parker Van Peters. He doesn't have the talent NOR the capabilities to beat me."

She shakes her head as she glares at the camera.

"The Guy was then, as he is now... TRASH. The guy does not have the abilities to beat me, just as he does not have the capabilities to be in even the final four here. Then again, though... he didn't have the talent and ability to headline the biggest show of the year last year, but he did it. So no, he'll probably be in the final four here... he might even win it."

She gives a finger quote as she stands up.

"Logic."

"Forgetting Jett, though."

She holds up 3 fingers.

"Three seconds. It may not seem like much... but you ask anyone in this business, and it can feel a lot longer than you think. Three seconds is an eternity in this business. You are always three seconds away, from capturing your next championship. Three seconds away, from carrying on your legacy."

She gives a slight nod as she begins to stretch her arms.

"I know that isn't relevant in this particular match, but more often than not, three seconds is the most crucial amount of time in this business."

Continuing to stretch, she rotates back and forth between each arm.

"For this match, Three is also an important number to me imparticular. There are exactly three people I see as my true threats as far as I am concerned. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of talent in this match. Realistically though, if I'm not the one who wins, there are three people I see it being instead."

Stopping her stretching she clasps her hands together.

"Not the least of which, is your new Fate Champion, Anastasia Hayden. She has made quite an impact and a name for herself. The girl is good, I will not lie. How good is she really? I can't say for certain, obviously. I will look forward to finding out first hand someday. Obviously, this isn't quite the same thing, it's a real match I will look forward to in the future. That not-with-standing, I don't have to be in the ring with her to see this. In fact I have not been in the ring with any of the three people I deem the biggest threats, go figure right?"

She chuckles a little and shakes her head.

"Regardless, I see her as a real threat in this match. Make no mistake about it, in fact you can quote me if somehow I don't win... She Will."

Christy begins stretching her right leg. Not saying a word she stretches it out the best she can. Glancing at the camera, she smirks before turning and doing the same with her left leg. After taking a few moments to do this, she finally stands up and looks at the camera, while rubbing her hands together.

"Can you feel the anticipation? Can you feel the excitement? The time has almost arrived, the time is almost here. The moment to shine, the moment to go out there, and make history. It's all going to be on the line... it's all going to be up for grabs. Dreams will be shattered... for all but one person."

She smirks slightly as she rubs her chin for a moment.

"And with all that excitement, I still didn't mention the other two real threats. Two very different men who are threats for ALL the same reasons. They are both threats because they are former 4CW Champions. They've tasted the gold... they've tasted the spotlight... they both know what it is like to be the number one guy in 4CW, and both want to be that man again."

She pauses for a moment giving a slight shrug.

"Of course that covers more than just these two men. However, they are also both threats... for how long they have literally BLED for this company."

Chuckling lightly she gives a slight nod.

"Yea, that covers more than them too. Let me make this real simple, and tell you the biggest reason these two are threats... Ante Up."

Grinning lightly, she continues.

"You two had your chance to stop him. Had your opportunity to get that championship back... and you both failed."

Rubbing her hand through her hair she gives another slight nod.

"If you hadn't already figured it out, you should now know, I am referring to Jason Cashe and Dakota Smith. You two had your chance, and you both failed. That's why they are the threats that they are. Not because of their talent, not because of their resumes... but because they failed to beat him, and are chomping at the bit for another shot at Bronx. Itching for a chance to prove they can beat him."

She nods, puffing out her lips slightly.

"I don't blame you, boys... I really don't. You were both once the number one man of this company... but there's a new number one, and he proved it at Ante Up. I know you thrive to prove that wrong, the fact is... if one of you two were to win this match... it's more likely that you would just fail again. No one wants to see that, I'm sorry. They don't want to see you fail to beat him. Give him something else... give him a new challenge."

She gives a slight wink with a smirk, making it obvious who she means in her mind.

Christy picks up a matching hot pink sleeveless "Star Struck Productions" and looks at it for a moment. Clutching it slightly she looks over to the camera.

"The time is arriving. The time to show and remind the world, exactly who I am. The time to go out there, and steal the show... to make my return and become the Number One Contender in my first match in over a year."

Chuckling she nods.

"Yea, that would make for one hell of a return if you ask me. One second remains from all of this happening. One is such a vital number too. In this match, it is the number entry you do not want. Not unless you're deluded and over-confident, anyways. For the most part, it's the number no one wants in this match... but it's the number everyone wants to be in this company. Right now, that title, that role... belongs to Bronx."

Clutching her hoodie tighter she gives a small smile to the camera.

"I can't say the two of us have ever met, officially. I do know, however... that the day that happens... The day the two of us step into that ring together... it's going to be magic. Don't ask me how I know that, just trust me... I have a sixth sense about these things. I have that vibe, it's going to be just like some of my matches with a couple other people I will not name. I know it sounds crazy, but deep down, Bronx knows the kind of match he can expect from me."

She looks down at the hoodie in her hands and smirks with another slight nod before glancing back up to the camera.

"You can believe, I'm looking forward to that day, Bronx. Just as I know... you secretly are too. That day is coming sooner than we could have imagined, though. You don't need to scout this match, see who your challenger will be. I'll make it real simple and skip to the end for ya, by quoting Jay Z.... (soft chuckle and shrug) sorta. This match... it has 29 Failures."

She stares hard into the camera while pointing to herself.

"But This Bitch... ain't one."

Smirking and nodding a moment, she takes the hoodie and finally puts it on. Brushing her hands down the front of it, she looks back up the camera.

"Yes, Time... Time is Relevant."

"And it's MY Time Now."

She flips the hood up over her head then turns and walks through the curtains as the scene fades.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum