Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

Adrenaline #71 - 8/9/17 Empty Adrenaline #71 - 8/9/17

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:57 am
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why Am I Here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why am I here?"

The voice rings out through the crisp night air of a presently unknown location. Focusing down we get a glimpse of Christy Chaos, wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt. Not much else can be seen at this time.

"Not this company... Though, that would be a good question too, but that is not what I am referring to. I have a show to run this Saturday in Las Vegas... I have a match the Wednesday to Follow in Sydney Austraila... so why am I..."

Panning back out a little more, we can now see Christy standing on a grassy hill, next to a tombstone.

"Here? Not in Sydney... not even in Las Vegas... but Kansas City, Missouri."

She looks over at the tombstone giving a slight sigh as she reads the name on it.

"The last time I was here... I needed your guidance. I had lost faith in my own abilities. I was up against the wall, facing an opponent no one in the world seemed to think I could beat. He was an unbeatable man, as they seemed to think. The entire world was writing me off. I began to believe it myself, that is why I came here... to feel your comfort, to feel your spirit... the one person who always believed in me when no one else did. The one person who motivated me, when no one else could. It was all for not of course, cause maybe they were right... because I didn't beat him... but then again... I didn't lose as everyone seemed to think I would, either."

She gives a small smirk thinking about the infamous Draw that not a single person here will get. Well, that's not true, the champ might... not that it was against him, or any of his characters, but still... anyways...

"It's different this time, though. I'm not here because of doubting my own abilities. That's not why I need motivation... it has not been my own abilities that has failed me... not this time. I have done my part, it's not ME that has been holding be back this time."

Puts her hand on the tombstone for a moment.

"But if you excuse me, Mom I have a message I need to deliver."

She turns away from the tombstone and looks directly at the camera.

"Fate... it's interesting, isn't it? It could be what has brought the two of us together, Alexis. It is the name of a Championship you used to hold... the very same championship you lost on the exact same night I made my return to this company. Yes, that word is very fitting I would say."

"Usually, this is the part where I would go on my tirade... tell you how trash you are. How I'm easily going to move past you because I am just that much better than you. The problem is, we're all sick of the lies. I come out here I say all that... and I become a liar, every single time."

"Christy Chaos is not a liar. I'm sick of the lies... I'm ready to start getting things right for a change. I can't sit here and say I'm going to beat you... when obviously, I probably won't."

"Keep strong... Keep your head up. Keep going. I know, I know... I get all that. When you see things the way I do, though. Sometimes, it's just very hard to do that."

She sighs dropping and shaking her head for a moment. After a few moments of silence, she looks back up.

"Perhaps this isn't the approach you were expecting. I know Alexis, I know... this isn't an approach anyone was expecting."

"Everyone probably expected one of two things from me. Either I walk away, keep my dignity... or I come in here all guns blazing as if nothing ever happened. Maybe that latter is the best option. It's a desirable one, I suppose."

"Runaway... I've considered it. I'm ashamed to say. I have been spit on so many times in this company... it has been considered. Yet, here I still am."

"Ready to go... ready to go into another fight. Even tho I know the result of this fight... no matter what either one of us says. I wish I could say differently, I wish I could give this my all... but I'm afraid that drive and desire is seeping away."

"Yes, I know... I shouldn't give up so easily. I hear you, I really do... but this spans all the way back to my first run in this company..."

She pauses once more, for no real reason. Other than if you're paying attention to the hidden message, then this is a needed break. After a small sigh, she nods and continues.

"Why are you still here? Why even show up? Why even try?"

"All very good questions... believe me, they are. They all can be answered with one simple word."

"Loyalty... yes, Loyalty. Not to this company... to myself. I may not have the respect of the upper brass and that much is clear... but I am not oblivious. I am well aware I have gained some around the company. If I were to just walk out, like I had considered... that would of all been erased in one fail swoop. I am better than that... I am bigger than that."

"Little does it matter, I know. I'm still going to lose this match. I just don't have what it takes to get over that hump, I guess. I can't break past that barrier they are holding me back with."

"Alexis Morrison or Mercer... whatever it is... has everything she needs to win this match. All she has to do is show up and it's in the bag for her."

"Christy Chaos just does not match up... Christy Chaos just does not compare. I can't beat you... I said I was done telling lies... that is why I'm saying it... I can't beat you, I can't get the job done."

"Except... That's EXACTLY what I am going to do. I'm not going to stand here in self-pitty. Stand here and put myself down while picking you up. To stand here and say I can't get the job done... I can't measure up... THAT is the lie."

She wipes her hand over her mouth for a moment.

"My hidden message may be over with... but I'm just getting started with you, Alexis. I can't... I WON'T sit here and play this game. Yeah, I thought about trying it... I thought about throwing you all for a curveball and start promoting myself to lose and my opponent's to win so that maybe I can start being right for a change and stop with the lies. I just can't do that. I don't doubt my own abilities... I don't doubt my own talent. It is not my talent that has failed me. It is not my abilities that have held me back."

"So I'm back to lying, then? No... No, I'm not. I'm going to MAKE them respect me... come hell or high water... my voice will be HEARD. You're just a casualty of this crusade. Wrong place... wrong time. I don't care about all you have done outside of this company... much like my own achievements, it is irrelevant. I could knock you for losing your championship to Anastasia... but that would be redundant and contradicting to the fact I have already given her credit in the Frenzy match. The fact is I don't care about anything you have done in this company... that was before you met me."

"I honestly don't even really care about anything you have to say about me. Throw the book at me. Here, I'll help you... I let Jett Wilder... yes Jett Wilder... get to the Ante Up Main Event Last Year. I couldn't stop a talentless waste of space like from tainting the biggest show of the year. I let a hack from a Film School posing as a Wrestling Company and his hardcore junky partner eliminate me in the 1st round of the Bad Company qualifiers. How the time I spent in the Frenzy was shorter than Daryl's match against a damn Broom... when Max had the highlight of his entire pathetic existence when he stole a kiss and shoved me out of that ring. Bring it all up... I really don't care."

"The Fact is... none of that matters. The woman I am... and the woman I am constantly perceived to be... are two entirely different people. You'll learn that... as will they all, soon enough. Go ahead and doubt me, just as I had made you all believe I had myself. Go ahead and write me off... just as the upper brass always does. It will be your own mistake.. it will be your own downfall. I'm done with the lies... I'm done with the facade. On August 9th... one way or another... it all ENDS."

Looking over to the tombstone she gives a soft smile.

"I really don't know why I am here. I don't need to be here at all. Don't worry, Mom... I got this."

Kissing her hand she touches the top of the tombstone then walks away. The camera focuses on the tombstone and the name "Stacy Carter" for a moment or two before fading to black.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum