Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

Adrenaline #73 - 9/27/17 Empty Adrenaline #73 - 9/27/17

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:27 am
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bedtime Story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Two completely different people..."

Inside a dark room, nothing but complete darkness as the voice rang out. A light slowly starts to illuminate the woman standing in the center of an elevated surface. Not much can be seen, just her shadow, her voice is pretty obvious, however.

"Or at least..."

The lights come to full light, revealing Christy Chaos. Wearing tattered jeans and a black t-shirt. It's not one of her normal shirts, from what little of the logo that can be seen we can tell it's not her usual logo, but her gold jacket is covering up to see all of it to be sure. The most important thing, however, is that she stands inside a ring. The arena is empty, but the ring has the 4CW logo on it as Christy motions her hands out to emphasis.

"In this ring."

She walks around the ring, thinking for a moment.

"I mean, we really are on different paths. Just look at our records and they speak for themselves. Successful with only a few failures."

She gestures towards the camera. Then points back to herself.

"Failures with only a couple moments of success."

She drops her head before giving it a soft shake.

"I shouldn't be so enthused with this match. I shouldn't be enthused with any match and be completely upset with myself, to be honest. That's not important, though. This match, at first I was kind of offended because of the trend... continues."

"I mean, Triple Threat... Tag... King of the Hill... Frenzy... that's the only time they will put me to the challenge with the opposite sex. When it comes to one on one competition... well."

She waves her hand, as it was obvious by how she set it up.

"Not that I'm overlooking Genevie. Like I said, this was something that initially crossed my mind that I had to think about when I first saw the card. It's a very common trend. Are they worried I will break? Are they worried that their boys can't look strong if they beat such a pathetic little scrub like me? Or that it would hurt them if and when I 'upset' them?"

She gives a nod.

"Yes I know the Fate, Extreme and PRIDE championships are all held by women. They've all been given their chance to prove themselves, though, to get to that point... well except for the one who fluked into hers. If she's anything like her trash of a son..."

She rolls her eyes before waving it off.

"Forget all that. It was just a little fun fact I have noticed and needed to get off my chest. I am not overlooking Genevie, though. Despite what I just said, she's actually a perfect opponent for me right now. What makes her so special? Better yet, what makes me so special that I think I can stop her?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shhhhh-shhh-shhh."

Christy paces the nursery of her Laughlin home, trying to calm her fussy infant.

"It's okay."

Sitting down in a rocking chair she places a bottle of formula into his mouth as she starts to rock back and forth.

"Let mommy tell you a story. Would that be better?"

Of course, she doesn't get an answer as the near 5-month-old continues to suck on the bottle. She smiles softly, continuing to rock.

"There was a kingdom far far away. A Woman... a Queen rather, she ruled this kingdom. Her name was known, her name was feared. She took on all challengers. With very few exceptions, no one could touch her. That kingdom did one day crumble, but this Queen had already started seeking a new kingdom to rule before that. She needed to prove she wasn't a one-trick pony."

Christy paces the ring thinking to herself before shaking her head.

"I was once a star... I was untouchable. I know the past does not matter when you start over, but it actually does... because that is the entire problem. Since I stepped into this ring."

She points down to the 4CW Logo as she said that.

"I have not been that same person. Not because of being wronged, not because of being held back... but because I have simply not been THAT person. I have toned myself down, I have brought a shell of who I used to be. I no longer have my edge... I no longer have that glare and confidence I always had."

She looks down to little Jack with a smile before continuing her story.

"The first Kingdom she came across, she wishes she hadn't. She often wonders why she didn't just keep traveling, why did she let herself be fooled. This Kingdom was nothing that it claimed to be. It was flashy and that's what fooled its outsiders. The reality is that it was complete and utter trash. It was a joke, a lie, and a fraud. So much so that when this Queen took a year of isolation and solitude to herself away from it all. Upon returning to the world a year later. She found this Kingdom to be nothing more than a pile of rubble and ashes. It was dead and buried. This brought a smile to her face, knowing justice, had been served."

Christy removes the empty bottle from baby Jack's mouth and sets it down on the small table beside her. Picking up a rag from the table and placing it over her shoulder, she places him over her shoulder as she begins patting his back.

"She had found another Kingdom before that isolation, though. This Kingdom's commandments and contest rules were practically identical to her old Kingdom. She would fit in perfectly, or so she thought. She lost her first battle, but it made no difference, for she challenged a warrior from that very same battle. She knew this warrior, they had battled once in her old Kingdom, but the contest had no winner, it was a draw. It was three years later, but she had her chance for the rematch they never had, so she took her chance."

"And so it would be, on one of this Kingdom's grand events, South Beach Brawl. This former Queen would defeat her opposition, a successful revenge for a three-year awaited rematch. This would be her first successful challenge at this new Kingdom, but it would only go downhill from there."

Baby Jack spits up as she brings him back down and wipes his mouth. Securing him back in her right arm she retrieves a pacifier from beside her and gently places it into his mouth. As she goes back to rocking the chair she thinks about her story.

"For the remainder of her time there before the isolation and continuing from the time she came back. Nothing but failure after failure. There have been a couple successes placed in there, but nothing too grand, nothing anyone really cares about. She knew it would take some time to become a Queen again in her new Kingdom, she was not stupid... but she never planned on becoming the court jester she had become."

She looks down to baby Jack sucking calmly on the pacifier as she smiles.

"But that is okay... because one day... one day it all changed."

Leaning in the corner she looks at the camera.

"I took a long look in the mirror and have come to that realization. I have not been that same woman since the moment I came here. I have only shown that same passion... that same desire... that same fight... one time. Which I still want to kick Matthias' ass actually."

She chuckles and shakes her head.

"Ok sorry, that was random. The point is, I know the faults I have made. I'm being a chance to rectify that. Whether they love you or they hate you... they all know you Genevie. You are my chance... you are my opportunity, to open some eyes. Now, I know you are all set to make your way to a shot at the Fate Championship... all of this is trying to earn your way to face Anastasia. Let's not kid ourselves, though. You're practically already her challenger, it doesn't matter how this goes."

"I mean, all I really am in this match, is a layup. Someone to make you look good in your quest to earn that shot. That is the plan anyways... but I guess we didn't count on me throwing a wrench into that plan. Don't fret, though, Gene, I can call you Gene right?"

She shrugs at her rhetorical question.

"I'm not going to go with the plan, but I don't want you to worry about that."

"An opportunity was placed before this former Queen turned Court Jester. A Respected warrior within the Kingdom. One looking to make her way towards a prize fight. They looked to throw this warrior a bone, throw her an easy challenge to make her look strong. Give her this court jester that didn't stand a chance. Then something happened. Something this warrior didn't expect... something the King himself didn't count on."

"The Court Jester was sick of being that Jester. She looked deep within herself and knew it was not the Kingdom that had held her back, it was herself. She was not on the path to be a Queen in this new Kingdom... because she was not even the same Queen she was in the Old Kingdom. She would have lost her crown there, too. She needed to find herself, she needed to put an end to it. She was not going to play possum, no more. She conquered the challenge, she was not supposed to win. She beat the Warrior.. she was not supposed to beat."

She begins walking the ring again.

"Yes I am going to beat you, I am going to show the entire fucking company what I can do. Don't let it concern you for your chances at becoming the Fate Champion, though. I don't want that title shot... at least not now."

She stops walking and shakes her head before looking up at the camera.

"I don't want any title shot... at least not yet. Looking at my track record... I do not deserve one. I can live with that, because quite frankly... I do NOT need gifts... I do NOT need shortcuts. I'm going to earn my place in this company. I'm going to beat name after name... star after star... until all of their eyes are open. Until NO ONE backstage can deny, that I have earned the shot I finally receive. That's, just who I am... despite what un-educated fool will tell you... there was NOTHING I did in that old company, without scratching, clawing and fucking earning it... I will do it again. One simple win does not do that. Even one who already has her eyes set on that title."

She leans over the ropes as she looks at the camera.

"Don't get me wrong, I do still hope to find my way to Fright Night somehow... I mean, other than that crap at last year's Ante Up.... bet you didn't think I would remember about that, would you? You know, considering..."

She chuckles and shakes her head.

"That was just a pathetic little skit... other than that, I have only been actually booked, one time on a Pay Per View here. Funny though, despite my atrocious Adrenaline Record... I'm 1-0 on Octane... and, in actual booked matches... 1-0 on Pay Per View. Gotta take those little victories when I can, right?"

She laughs to herself.

"More serious note, I do want to find my way there, somehow. That is next month, though. The present, I have Genevie on Adrenaline. A hopeful future Fate Champion. The landslide favorite to win this match, because why shouldn't she? She's got your respect, she's got the star power... I'm just a has-been that can't cut it. I'm just a joke. That is the perception I have created for myself anyways. If Genevie actually believes that... well, I hope not, for she has already lost. You can run through all my failures I have racked up in this company. It doesn't matter. It does not show you who I really am. I have yet to deliver my end of the deal. It's time for change... it's time for a new life. I am giving her to you on Adrenaline, Gene. Feel honored... feel privileged."

"Win, Lose or Draw... I am promising to deliver the woman I should have been all along. Even if you beat me... it would not be the end of the world, lord knows I have done that enough here... but I will not hide from it. I will not deny what I have just stated. You get THE Christy Chaos, Gene. You don't have a shell of her former self, frustrated and can care less what happens to her. You have the hungry Christy Chaos... the one who will put it all on the line, just to show the world what she is TRULY capable of."

"You beat her, then good on you. It doesn't matter what happens here, I am done with the half-hearted performances... done with the lack of drive. I am pushing forward, I am apart of something now that is bigger than myself. I have purpose... I have reason. I have to teach you, teach the world what I... what WE are capable of."

She stops rocking as she sees that baby Jack has drifted to sleep. Standing up she gently lays him in his crib. She turns away from the crib, but not to leave the room. She looked directly at a camcorder on a tripod that had been recording the entire time. Looking directly into the camera she gives a soft smile.

"And the entire Kingdom... had finally opened their eyes."

With a brush of a hand through her hair she continues to look into the camera.

"So I don't give a shit who you are... I don't give a shit what you've done. You're my key to the city, my ticket to the promise land. It all Starts, through you. Gene... Best of Luck in your quest to the Fate Championship... but more importantly... Best of Luck on Adrenaline."

She stares hard into the camera.

"You're going to need it."

Christy rolls out of the ring and walks off as the camera zooms on the 4CW logo. The lights shut off, but one small spotlight focused on the logo. The "4" and the "W" are covered in darkness, only the "C" is seen before the scene fades to black.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum