Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

Thursday Night ShowDown - 9/7/17 Empty Thursday Night ShowDown - 9/7/17

Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:13 pm

Title: What Am I Thinking?

Date: Undisclosed

"What the f*ck am I thinking?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Late morning on August 26th Christy Chaos is in the master bedroom of her home in Laughlin, Nevada, preparing for a long flight to Tokyo. Her husband, EWE Hall of Famer Dutch Clark, walks into the room glancing at the bag his wife is gathering on the bed.

"Are you sure about this?"

Christy looks over to Dutch as he sits on the bed.

"I thought you understood when I re-signed with 4CW, I'm a competitor. I'm not satisfied just running High Stakes Wrestling, I need to continue and pursue my own career as well."

"No I get that but..."

"You think I can't handle competing in two companies?"

Christy looks almost insulted, but of course, that's not what Dutch means as he shakes his head.

"Not that either. You're not just signing to compete in two companies... you're signing to compete in two companies that absolutely despise one another."

Christy gives a slight nod.

"I see what you're saying, but I'll be fine. Besides, I gotta go to this pay per view anyways, I gotta keep an up close and personal eye on one of my assets for Summer BreakDown."

~~~~~~~~~~

"My husband had his concerns about this and he wasn't wrong."

Now coming to the present day, Christy sits on the bench inside of a gym, wearing a pair of red shorts and a matching tank top.

"I mean I openly admit working for two rival companies at the same time. I'm not the first, I probably won't be the last, but it does still have its risks. I mean what's to stop one of, if not both of them, from completely dragging my name through the mud, just cause they know I work for the enemy?"

With a slight shrug of her shoulders she continues.

"It's a risk, I'm willing to take. As I told my husband, I am a competitor, I go where competition is. That's just who I am. As much as the other company may deny it, there is talent here. That is why I have come. I'm not even just talking about the obvious that you already know that I know. I mean yea, it's no secret I have a long storied past with Alessandro. It's no mystery how I got him to agree to come to my Pay Per View. We go back, He's kicked my ass half a dozen times... I've kicked his ass half a dozen times... it's been good times."

"Like I said, though, he's just the obvious one. You don't know it, but I've been watching. I've watched his partner... Travis Blake is very talented in his own right. Granted I have signed to the wrong brand to get the chance to face him, but you never know I guess. Alex Jones, Alicia Lukas, Finn Whelan. I've watched them all, they all have talent. They are the reasons I am here. Heck even Kaden Kessler has talent I will admit... but he's also been painted as a whiny little bitch, so that's about as far as I am going to put him over."

She shakes her head.

"There is talent here... whether my other coworkers like to admit or not, there is competition here... and that is why I have added this company to my list. To make a statement, to continue to make my mark in this industry... to make an Impact."

~~~~~~~~~~

A Brunette woman is seen sleeping on the couch as the camera pans around her, showing Christy and Dutch walking into the living room. Christy carrying her bag, while Dutch carries an infant. Christy looks down at the couch and chuckles as she looks back to her husband.

"Make sure sleeping beauty doesn't sleep too long, she has an important tournament tomorrow night to train for."

Dutch chuckles and nods.

"So no later than 6 pm, got it."

Christy chuckles, before turning her attention to the infant in Dutch's hands as Christy holds his little hands into her right hand.

"Say bye bye, Mommy's gotta go be Mommy and make another impact."

Dutch shakes his head at his wife's comment while she kisses the baby on the forehead. She then leans in and gives Dutch a kiss before pulling away.

"Be safe."

"Always."

~~~~~~~~~~

"And so it begins on Thursday, September 7th on ShowDown... well a Pre-Show to be technical... the opening of the pre-show to dive even further. I should be insulted, but everyone's gotta start somewhere... and I blame my opponent. They know I'm going to squash her so easily, it's not worth air-time... I get it. That's all Eavan Maloney is, just a name... just a body. Just some poor girl they threw at me for an easy debut."

"Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my first impression. Yea, she's a legacy and has broken her way into a couple other companies where she got a couple championships... Good for her. I don't really care. Don't expect me to take one of them too seriously... just, well, yeah I'll leave it at that."

With an eye roll she waves her hand.

"The fact is, I don't really care who she might be, just as no one really cares what I might have done in the past. This is a fresh start, a brand new slate. To all of you, I am nothing more than Eli "The Kid" Hogan from the EWE. A nobody, a little scrub that no one was worried about... but now he's become Eli Goode and the entire company has taken notice of him."

Christy chuckles at her analogy, sad that only her old colleague and former 2x WWH World Champion will be the only one that can appreciate its real value.

"Whether you get the reference or not, it remains the same. You don't know me now... you don't worry about me yet... but in due time, that will ALL change. I don't need to sit here and break down my opponent... not because I know fuck all about her besides her little bio... or because I'm too lazy to go watch some of her matches in those other companies..."

"Well, ok maybe a little because of that. The fact is, I just don't want to and just don't need to. Like I said, I don't care what she's doing there, I don't care what she's done in the past. Just as no one cares about my historic past. As much as our pasts should be praised, because it's what we are, it's what we have done... it has defined our careers. At the end of the day, it's all pointless in their eyes. The thing is, our past is our experiences we bring into each match, which is why I don't always agree with the logic of only the here and now is what matters. It doesn't matter that they won x amount of championships... but it would be helpful to know that they won that title in an Iron Man Match because now we know they have quite the endurance to contend against."

She shrugs.

"But whatever, right? Whatever is right... I've said I care to say about my so called opponent, it's all about myself now. I may be starting at literally the bottom of the barrel with the opening pre-show match, but that won't last. I will move up the card and face new challenges... the talent and competition I came here for. That is what intrigues me... That is what drives me. I thrive for something real... something more challenging. I will breeze past this match because let's face it, like I said, she's just a nobody tossed in front of me for an easy debut. I'll be waiting for her to prove me wrong, but I kind of doubt it. To the REAL stars of ShowDown... you're on notice. I would say to watch this match and see what your future is, but I'm afraid you won't get a real taste of what I can do. You will be falsely advertised when I only put in half of the work... but sure, go ahead I guess, cause I will dispatch of the nobody with only that half effort."

She chuckles and shakes her head.

"Eavan... she's not what I seek, she's not who I care about... to me she's nothing... Nothing more... than Just Another Star Struck."

Fade to Black.

Thursday Night ShowDown - 9/7/17 Christy-Chaos-2016-Sig

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum