Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

Monday Night Chaos #168 - 09/16/13 Empty Monday Night Chaos #168 - 09/16/13

Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:03 pm
NO BANNER AVAILABLE

RESULT: VICTORY

SHOW LINK: Click Here
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

Monday Night Chaos #168 - 09/16/13 Empty Re: Monday Night Chaos #168 - 09/16/13

Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:04 pm
ROLEPLAY: 1/1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BEST PROLOGUE - - - IN THE WORLD
A victiory over Dan Desario puts Punk right back on the winning ways, or continues them, if you were to base only on the singles competition. Whatever the case, Punk gets the job done, and tries to keep it rolling. This week he has a big opportunity to try and really get rolling, as he has a non-title match with the recently crowned All American Champion. That is a title, Punk does see in his future at some point, so defeating the champion in a non-title match, would certainly send him on that path. The question is, is the Hall of Famer too much for Punk to bare, or is the All American Champion, still not quite The Best in the World?

:: Scene One ::
Ironic, ain't it?
Starring: CM Punk
Supporting: Kenny Greenwood
Mentions: "The Gold Standard", Alessandro Quagliaterre

[ Backstage of Mackey Arena, Kenny Greenwood is seen standing in front of the camera, with a mic. ]

Kenny Greenwood
"Hello EWE Nation, Kenny Greenwood here, and joining me is my guest at this time. Please welcome, The Best in the World... CM Punk."

[ The crowd cheers in the background as Punk walks into the screen from the right side. Wearing a black "Best in the World" Hoodie, he stands next to Kenny with his arms crossed. ]

"First off, Punk, congratulations on your victory last week on Chaos."

[ Punk chuckles lightly and nods. ]

**The Best in the World** CM Punk
"That's what you have to do I guess, right? You have to start off with last week, and wish me the congratulations for the victory. I know that's the normal, and that's what you're used to doing, but is it really neccessary?" [Shakes his head, just slightly.] "Let's face it, Kenny, we all knew I was going to beat Dan Desario, it is Dan Desario afterall. I believe, even he knew I was going to win that match. He has a very long way to go, before he could ever truly compete, with The Best in the World."

[ Kenny shrugs a little. ]

"Well that aside, me and you had an interesting interview on that night, has anything else progressed with you from that?"

[ Punk casually laughs and shakes his head. ]

"Progressed with me, Kenny? I don't know how you got this job, let alone had it this long, with such riveting questions like that. Fact is, nothing has changed. The formentioned party, as predicted, hasn't had the balls to say anything about it, at least to my face." [Shrugs slightly.] "Talking behind my back, who knows, that is sorta what got us here to begin with. No one else has stepped up either, that I know of. So no Kenny, nothing has progressed, it's still the same. Though I do find something interesting, about my opponent tonight."

[ Kenny nods, taking the segway opportunity. ]

"Well that's a good segway, as tonight you will be facing the All American Champion, in a non-title match."

"And I like that, that is a title I have my eyes set on, in the future. Ultimately I am aiming higher than that, but I do want that All American Championship first. Fact is, unlike some people, I have patience. I know there's a pecking order, and I'm fine with that. I guess defeating the Champion, could speed up the process a little bit, don't you think?"

[ Punk smirks as Kenny nods. ]

"That is true, so is that what you found interesting?"

"No, that is just a fact, and a good point. What I found to be interesting about it, it's ironic, or convenient even... The very week after I have that interview with you, where I said what I had to say about the self professed Gold Standard." [Puts a finger up.] "Not Shelton Benjamin, as we mentioned. The very week after I say that though, look at my opponent. It's no secret how much that person is in love with our All American Champion."

[ Kenny nods. ]

"I'm good friends with the guy, and it's not a secret, no."

"I find that to be ironic. Whatever the case though, we'll just call it a conincidence and move on. Alessandro, you are the All American Champion, a title I just said, I want. So that's to let you know, I'll be looking to win this match. Not that I'm ever looking to not win a match. I don't care if I'm facing some bum off the street, you don't become The Best in the World, by not aiming to prove exactly that, every single match."

"Victory may not be easy for you on this occasion. He's coming off a tough defeat to the Undisputed Champion last week, he will be looking to rebound."

"That's exactly what he should be aiming to do. He needs the victory tonight, as a matter of fact. Losing to the Undisputed Champion is one thing, but if he manages to loss twice in a row, the very two matches after he won that championship, people start to question if he deserves that title, if he didn't win it on pure fluke, and circumstance."

[ Punk rubs his chin and shrugs slightly. ]

"That's what he's battling for, that's why he needs to win. Am I desrespecting myself? No, I'm not saying a loss to me looks bad, but in this circumstance, it is. A man of his sature especially, while I'm still barely getting my foot in the door here in EWE. What I've done elsewhere is irrelevant, here in EWE, I am just getting started. It's all for me to gain, and him to lose. A Two time Undisputed Champion like himself especially. Most people would disect those reigns, say what makes them so weak. That first reign especially, who can ever forget the date of April 24th, 2011? WrestleMania 7, I know Alessandro won't. How many people can say they retained the International Championship, while winning the X-Division Championship, Money in the Bank, and the Undisputed Championship, all in one night?"

[ Punk pauses for a moment. ]

"That's the night Alessandro had at WrestleMania 7. As International Champion, he defeated the X-Division champion in a title for title match... then went on to win the Money in the Bank... then at the end of that same night, cashed in that very briefcase, to become the Undisputed Champion. That's where people call that first reign a fluke, and really, who can argue with it? Not to overlook the work he did to win the Money in the Bank to begin with, but the Undisputed Championship was literally handed to him, when Jack Michaels refused to defend it. The fluke was proven, just a few short weeks later, when Derek Daniels ripped him to shreds to win that title."

"That all may be true, people don't bring that reign up as much, they only refer to his record reign."

"Former, Record Reign, thanks to Christy." [Chuckles lightly and shakes his head.] "Regardless of that, people bring that one up more, the second reign, and they try to disect it, say how flawed it is, like I just did with his first reign. I gotta disagree, his second reign was better, and much more earned, it's his first run he didn't deserve, and the length of it, or there lack of, proved it. His past is there though, and has built him here in EWE. Losing to someone, who has done virturally nothing in EWE, except for a couple big wins here or there. Wouldn't look good on him, especially when it'll be his 2nd straight loss after winning that All American Championship. It will really begin to have that 1st Undisputed Title reign feel to it, a fluke, where he is cast aside in his 1st defense."

"I guess we'll have to wait and see on that."

"We will, but I ain't worried about it either way. He probably doesn't even know what he's got in this match. Just like he thought he had Angela Fortin beaten several weeks ago, claiming how she didn't beat him in the King of Xtreme, because, in his words, the event never took place. He was made to look a fool, when she beat him again." [Chuckles.] "Just like that, he will do the same to me, he will overlook me, or perhaps do the exact opposite. He may try and overhype me, try and look at everything I accomplished in the WWE, holding the title 434 days." [Winks to the camera.] "He can't do that, what I've done in the WWE, doesn't matter. This is new turf for me. I do however, plan to repeat history. The name I have made over there, I plan to do it all over again, in the EWE. A Victory over the All American Champion, perhaps setting myself up for a title match down the road, is finally my first big step, and real opportunity, at least as an individual."

"That's right, with the Tag Title opportunity for the Sons of Liberty."

"And there will be more opportunities to come for The Sons of Liberty... me and Cliff are far from done, and we will be the Tag Team Champions."

[ Punk holds a thumb out to the camera, as if giving a shout out to Cliff, and smirks. ]

"Well that aside, any more thoughts for Alessandro?"

"Just one simple thing... he may be the All American Champion, and he may be a hall of famer, one of the best in the EWEs history... but he's not The Best in the World... and very soon, he's going to realize that. Come Chaos, Alessandro... It's Clobberin Time."

[ Punk winks and walks off the screen. Kenny shrugs and looks back to the camera. ]

"I guess that's it... Kenny Greenwood here, and this has been an interview with CM Punk. Be sure to see what happens in that match, and all the matches and events of Chaos, tonight, live on Nexus."

[ Kenny signals for the feed to cut, and so it does. ]

:: End RolePlay ::
-PROFILE-
Ring Name: CM Punk
Handler: Jay
HomeTown: Chicago, IL
Theme: "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour
Allies: Cliff Morgan
Enemies: Paul Heyman
Curtis Axel
-RECORDS-
EWE Career Record