Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

CW Chaos #64 - 10/29/18 Empty CW Chaos #64 - 10/29/18

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:24 pm
CW Chaos #64 - 10/29/18 Chaos64-Paragon

CW Chaos #64 - 10/29/18 Chaos64-Enter

And for Backup

10-15-18

Baltimore, Maryland

9:15PM EST

Heading into the parking lot after a tough show, I just want to get into my rental car and go to my hotel room to get some rest. Tomorrow is a new day, I need t rest up and get ready to bounce back next time. As I search for the car, forgetting where I had parked, go figure, my cell phone goes off. I pull my cell phone out of my purse and see it's just Valerie texting me for like the 20th time today. In hindsight, giving my personal cell phone number to a fan, probably wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done. I read her text consoling me about my loss in the Baltimore City Title match. I quickly respond with a "Thanks babe, don't worry I'll bounce back." and go to put the phone back in my purse, only for it to instantly go back off. I chuckle and shake my head deciding I'll check it later. As I finally find my rental I hit the unlock button, but before I can open the driver's door...

"Christy! Wait, hold on a second, please."

I turn to see  a woman approaching me, that I honestly don't know I'm sufficed to say.

"Sorry to catch you so late...I'm Belle Silva. I was hoping to get a piece from you for Beyond The Bell."

I stare at her slightly confused I must admit. I wish I had something better to say, but I'm pretty blunt.

"Beyond the Bell?"

"It's still a thing, I promise."

I nod my head, still having zero clue what she is talking about. I try and play it off, though.

"Right, what was you needing me for, exactly?"

"I been trying to track you down ever since your debut, after all the hype you put into it. We just keep missing each other, it seems. Belated congrats on your victory, though. Will Prydor is a former World Champion, a pretty big victory to take in your Carnage debut."

"Thanks, I guess."

Not really much else I can say, I'm not really thinking about WAR as my recent loss is still fresh in my mind, if I didn't, Belle reminds me again.

"Tough luck tonight, however."

"Nature of the beast, I'll bounce back."

I say it with confidence, because I know that I can, no matter what they throw in front of me.

"Well, before we discuss that... I was actually wanting to get to know more about you. I mean we know you're a Hall of Famer and former decorated champion, as your videos made pretty clear, but what else does The Legion need to know about Christy Chaos?"

I'm really not sure how to answer that question. They either know me or they'll learn to. It's really that simple. Yea, that sounds good.

"There's really not much to tell. It was all pretty well covered in my videos as you mentioned."

"There has to be more, though."

I sigh slightly and give a small shrug.

"I mean, I spent the majority of my career in Extreme Wrestling Entertainment. The videos made that pretty obvious. I did start to venture out right before EWE Closed, and continued to do so after. Not much to tell with that, though. I had a couple horrible runs in 4CW I won't even lie. I had a decent run in WWH, but it was pretty short."

Belle nods as she seems to be jotting this down in her notepad. I'm curious to see what exactly she is writing, but figured I may see that later if this Beyond the Bell is really a thing.

"So what about High Stakes Wrestling?"

I cock an eyebrow slightly, where did that come from?

"You know about my company?"

Belle nods enthusiastically.

"I'm an investigative reporter... it's what I do."

"So don't you already know about 4CW and WWH and all that?"

"Not so much, but made notes to look into them after you mentioned them. HSW I did my homework on."

"So what exactly are you asking?"

I was genuinely confused.

"Well it seemed to be gaining traction and picking up steam... only to smack hard into a brick wall, because you disappeared."

That much I knew to be true.

"So what happened? Where did you go?"

I sigh and nod slightly. Guess I should have realized that's where she was going with that. It's not like I just said screw it and took a vacation. I felt bad that all my friends and employees got left in the wind without a word as to why. I have to think to myself for a moment, but know... I'm just not ready to share yet.

"I went through some personal matters, that's really all I can say."

"Like what, can't you give us something?"

I shake my head. I'm just not ready yet, I'm sorry.

"Afraid not... it was nice meeting you, though."

I reach for the car handle, but her voice rings out once again, stopping me.

"Wait, I still need to get your take on your next match."

Next Match? This pulls my interest as I turn back to look at her.

"The card has been released already?"

Belle gives me a nod.

"Yea. You got your chance to bounce back on Chaos 64 and in a big way... but it won't be easy."

"Well, I wouldn't want it to be."

"Well it's a Fatal Five Way Match."

"From a Four Way to a Five Way... yes, math says it will be tougher... especially with one pinfall oppose to elimination."

"It gets even more interesting with your opponents."

She would not be very good at poker, at least not in this instant as the big smile on her face is almost too telling that there's something unique about my opponents.

"Go on..."

"Kyra Johnson, TJ Adams, Eli Goode... and Jack Michaels."

I stare at her blankly for a moment. My brain still trying to process that she just listed the names I just heard, as my OPPONENTS.

"You're kidding me, right?"

"Nope... and it gets more interesting than that."

"More interesting than a Paragon Five Way?"

"Indeed... if Jack Michaels is pinned. He will lose his spot in the Elimination Chamber at Ultimate Carnage, to the person who pins him."

Of course that's what the stipulation is.

"This has Jason's stink all over it."

"It is quite the opportunity though, you must admit."

"It's not, really. Well, it is... just not in the way you are referring to. It is an opportunity for Paragon to steal the show. I can only speak for myself, but that's exactly what we'll do. As for the opportunity you are referring to, though. We both know that's not the reason Bridges booked this match. I think it's pretty clear what his goal is, what he hopes to achieve by booking this match."

"No matter the motives. As a former World Champion yourself, you have to know... World Championship opportunities aren't easy to come by, you have to take them when you can."

I nod my head slightly, she does have a fair point there.

"That's true, I'll give you that. Am I really going to even attempt to steal a spot from the well deserved Jack, though? I mean, I just got here, he's been putting in the work."

I shrug slightly. Yes it would be nice to shoot up right away, but it's not always about that. There is rhyme, there is reason. Paragon, we have a plan... a wrench is not going to mess with it.

"I'll address that matter later. I'll give the devil his due, though. Clever attempt, I'll give him that. The man may indeed know his Art of War, trying to get his enemies to destroy each other from within. The thing is, the fact he believes such a thing would work with Paragon...well that just proves, he doesn't know what Paragon truly is."

I shake my head slightly as Belle looks at me intrigued.

"I guess we'll have to remind you."

Without another word I grab the car handle and open the door before stepping inside and shutting the door. I start up the car and pull away leaving the dumbfounded Belle behind. It may be Belle now... but  come Chaos 64, it might be Bridges that has that look on his face.

07-27-17

Glasgow, Scotland

3:25AM DST

Entering my locker room I am full of disappointment... another loss in a 4CW Ring. This one was different, though... my business and tag team partner on this evening, was also there, and I could see he was just as disappointed, if not more.

"Well that sucked."

I break the silence but Jack just sits down not saying a word. I really don't know what to say, really there is nothing that can be said. Nothing is going to change what happened out there, we still lost, that's not going to change. I sat down next to him and tried to anyways.

"Jack, look..."

"I'm better than that."

He interrupted me. I give a small nod, but before I can say anything, he speaks again.

"I cost us... I can't believe I cost us... I am better than that."

I sigh and shrug slightly, clearly distraught about the fact he had tapped out in our match.

"Shit happens. You know that. I don't hold anything against you."

"That's not it. It's not about that."

I'm a little confused by this, so wait for him to continue.

"Have you been watching this crap? Have you seen what's on top out here?”

I'm not sure I get where he's going, but he continues to let it out.

"I know it's been awhile since I've laced up my boots, but come on. The garbage we have had to stomach can't possibly be what this industry has come to. I won't sit back and be force fed this crap. I come from a generation, we don't see something we don't like and do nothing about it. That’s not even the worst part of it. For the love of Christ… I fed into it with how I performed tonight. "

Jack shakes his head as he stands up, clearly he has something on his mind that I'm not seeing right now.

"The legacy... the honor of professional wrestling is falling to the wasteside. No I am I better than that... we are both better than that. We can't just stand by as these… Children continue to tarnish the business that we have built."

I am quite confused as Jack points to the door, I guess signifying the other competitors in the building.

"Crap like that, is ruining this business. Something needs to change... and it's not US."

Jack exits the locker room, leaving me lost and confused.

09-10-17

Laughlin, Nevada

3:24PM PST

"Everything went according to plan."

Jack and myself sit on the deck of me and Dutch's home discussing the final events of HSW's Summer BreakDown, the grand debut of Paragon. With a smirk on my face I give a nod.

"That it did."

"I must admit, though... faking an incident with your own son. It was quite genius, if not a touch diabolical."

I chuckle and nod my head.

"Well, if we wanted to keep my place in Paragon a secret, it only made sense that I wasn't there. Otherwise, why wouldn't I stop it from happening?"

Jack shrugs before giving a nod.

"True, but still nice touch I guess. Last night was only the beginning, though. We must revive this industry. We must do whatever it takes to get the message across. SLAM is when we must take it a step further. Mizore is not ready to carry HSW as the World Champion. People may not like it, but it is the truth."

I nod, knowing he's right. Twitter was already blowing up with what happened at Summer BreakDown, I can only imagine what is going to happen if everything goes according to plan on SLAM.

"I know. People won't like it, but that's their problem. We'll make them understand."

"Christy, can you come in here a second?!"

I chuckle as my husband had called out from the house.

"I'll be right back I guess."

Jack nods to me as I get up and go back into the house. Looking back on this now, it's true drastic measures did have to be taken to make our point. That next episode of HSW SLAM my position in Paragon was very well known, as I had helped secure Jack as the new HSW World Champion, at the expense of Jeff's daughter.

10-20-18

Laughlin, Nevada

7:26PM PST

"Nothing has changed, not really."

The scene opens inside the Laughlin home of Dutch and Christina Clark, currently in their trophy room as Christy's own personal camcorder is set up. Christy stares at a photo on the wall. The photo is from HSW Summer BreakDown, with Paragon standing in the center of the ring.

"It may not have began in the most popular of fashions. It has always remained the same, though. It doesn't matter what we do, what we say, whether the fans agree with us or not. The message,the meaning, has never changed. Restoring the Honor of Professional Wrestling."

Christy walks around the room for a moment before stopping to look at another picture. This picture is from another Summer BreakDown, but this time EWE Summer BreakDown in 2015. With Jack Michaels hoisting up the Undisputed Championship. Christy gives a slight nod as she looks at this.

"The fact that Bridges believes this match is going to cause Paragon to implode, even he doesn't quite fully understand what Paragon means. There is nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. Respect is earned in no better of ways. Paragon possibly wouldn't even exist, without it. It was our battles in EWE that gained the mutual respect between Jack and myself, that led to us creating High Stakes Wrestling. It was then that we would compete in the 4CW Bad Company Tournament to get HSW's name out there. Despite we lost, it was that match that re-fueled Jack's fire and led to the creation of Paragon."

She sits down at a table with a few photos laying face down. She picks up one of the photos and looks at it while she smirks.

"The moral is respect is earned in that ring. It's why I respect Jack, it's why I respect White Tiger..."

Turning the photo around, it is clearly a picture of Eli Goode with the Baltimore City Championship.

"It's why I respect Eli, I know how far he has come and am thrilled to see what he has done here. He did us all proud with what he did with the Baltimore City Championship, I will only hope to succeed what he has done. Yea, I let Sebastian get the better of me, that was my own mistake. Make no mistake about it, though... Sam is only a transitional champion. Somehow, some way, I will be bringing that championship back where it belongs... back to Paragon."

Christy chuckles before waving her hand and laying the photo down.

"That's neither here nor there, though. I have respect for Eli and how far he has grown here in Carnage Wrestling. I only hope to be able to watch him grow further."

She picks up another photo and looks at it a moment.

"I admit, I'm a bit new to the other two members... but I know TJ is one of Jeff's latest pupils. That's all I really need to know, to be honest. I may not have always shown it in the past, but I have always respected Jeff Payne with his vast experience and knowledge. The fact he took TJ under his wing, really tells me the potential TJ has, because I have seen it first hand time and time again the people Jeff takes the interest in. I have also spoke to him personally... I too understand the fire within and the potential both Jeff and Jack seen in this young man."

Showing the picture of TJ with the Tag Team Title she tosses it over onto Eli's photo before picking up the last one, which is of course Kyra Johnson.

"Kyra, though... it was nice to finally meet you recently."

Christy chuckles and nods.

"You do your own part, though. You get the job done just like any of us. We Are Relentless may not have been a great night for Paragon, but it was because of Eli and us ladies that it wasn't a total bust. Was fun seeing Andrew tap out, though too. I can see clearly, you can hold your own and fit in well."

Christy lays the photo down before glancing over at another photo from High Stakes Wrestling. This one is from the premiere episode of SLAM, when Jack Micheals inscribed the EWE Undisputed Championship and presented it to Christy.

"And then there's Jack himself. Of course I know him, of course we know all about how this goes. Like I done said, it was our previous battles together, that ultimately led to the creation of Paragon to begin with. I respect every member of our team in some sort of way. What it all boils down to, is what is really at stake. It's what Bridges wants. He expects us to see the golden opportunity and just tear eachother apart, but that's not going to happen."

"That being said, do you think Jack expects one of us to just lie down for him? If you did, then much like Bridges, you don't know Jack... and you don't understand Paragon. Jack would not expect that of any of us, he damn sure knows I do not lie down for anybody... well ok there was one time with my would be husband."

Standing up she chuckles and shakes her head as she thinks about the "Kiss Heard Around The World" reference, when she had gifted the EWE International Championship to her fiancee, Dutch Clark, as part of her defection from Bed n Breakfast to High Society, ending their run as "Romeo and Juliet" lovers of rival factions. Christy shrugs off the thought as she props her hand on the wall and continues to speak to the camera.

"That's beside the point. The fact is, that is not what Paragon is about. How can one claim to be restoring the honor in professional wrestling, if we are afraid of a little friendly competition? There's no honor in just throwing a match, period. Bridges booked this match... expecting to see Paragon fall apart by destroying each other from within... but what he more than likely did, by accident... is book a match that instead of tearing each other apart, is going to tear the house down. That is after all, what it means to be apart of Paragon. To be the best, you must face and compete with the best. That's exactly what Paragon is going to be doing on Chaos."

"I'm going to give my best, just as Jack would want me to, just as Jack is going to do. If you aren't bringing your best every time you step into that ring, then you shouldn't be entering it to begin with. Now, will I go for the pin on Jack? I guess we'll only find out, but no probably not. Yes I know I'm a World Title competitor... it's in my blood, it's what I do. Of course, that's the problem the other competitors of Carnage Wrestling have, ALL of Paragon is. I also have every bit of faith in Jack bringing that championship to Paragon inside the Elimination Chamber, too. He is the man for the job, I'm more than happy and content with waiting my turn and building myself up to it when the time is right."

Christy slowly brushes a hand through her hair and smirks as she puts up a finger.

"However, just because I doubt I go after Jack in this match, doesn't mean I'm not going for the win. Exploiting the obvious loophole, the rest of you aren't as safe. This would be a great chance to help build myself up like previously mentioned. It is only friendly competition after all. I mean... if I have to remind Eli... that he may be That Damn Goode... but he's still not Good enough, for Christy Chaos... then I will. If I have to teach TJ that even though I have all the respect for his mentor, no matter what tips he has given him, he still never had much luck when it comes to me, so it's not really going to help."

"Even if I have to show the first lady of Paragon, that the Distorted Angel, wasn't the only dominant female of Paragon, before her. Whatever I have to do, I will do. I expect no less from any of them. If one of them beats me personally, then so be it. It's only competition, it's what we do. That's what can only be expected from all of us. I will look forward to the competition for a match that will wind up stealing the entire show."

Christy walks back through the room and looks at one more recent photo... an advertised poster that is not yet revealed to the camera. She just looks at it and nods.

"At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if Eli proves to the world that he really is That Damn Goode. It doesn't matter if one of my own teammates, becomes Star Struck, or if it really is a blast. When it's all said and done. Nothing changes. Before and after Chaos 64, It will be as it is... it is as it was."

"Paragon remains united and strong."

Christy walks off camera, leaving the photo visible as the scene fades out on just that.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum