Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

LAW #68 - 9/10/17 Empty LAW #68 - 9/10/17

Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:01 am

Ring Name: Abby Addiction
Handler: Jay
HomeTown: Kansas City, Kansas
Resides: St. Louis, Missouri
Theme: "Addicted" by Saving Abel
Finishers: Abstinence & DeTox

LAW Career Record
Win: 03
Lose: 04
Draw: 00

LAW Singles Record
Win: 02
Lose: 03

LAW Tag Record
Win: 01
Lose: 01

Current Streak: 2 Consecutive Defeats

Best Streak: 2 Consecutive Victories

Worst Streak: 2 Consecutive Defeats

EWE Career Record
Win: 63
Lose: 10
Draw: 01

EWE Singles Record
Win: 47
Lose: 09

EWE Tag Record
Win: 16
Lose: 01

Final Streak: 5 Consecutive Victories

Best Streak: 19 Consecutive Victories

Career Record
Win: 66
Lose: 14

Career Singles Record
Win: 49
Lose: 12

Career Tag Record
Win: 17
Lose: 02

Current Streak: 2 Consecutive Defeats

Best Streak: 19 Consecutive Victories

August 28th, 2017
===OFF CAMERA===

The scene picks up inside the beautiful Laughlin home of Mr and Mrs. Clark, aka Dutch Clark & Christy Clark-Chaos. A place Abby had decided to stay for her time in Vegas for the Queen of the Ring Pay Per View, because why pay for a hotel when you can bunk at a friend's house? Abby, as eluded to, is here, currently sitting on the couch, talking to The Irish Fury himself, Dutch Clark. They seem to be mid conversation of course.

"But enough about me. Do you ever miss it?"

Dutch sighs a little as he thinks about that question, but shakes his head.

"Sometimes, maybe a little, but ultimately, not really. I have done all I set out to do. I have done it all. I am happy with my legacy. Now I have a beautiful wife and a great son to look after. Life is good."

Abby nods with a slight smile.

"Good answer, though, that wife of yours, is back in it. She's in three companies now, counting the one she runs."

Dutch chuckles and nods.

"Yea, she's crazy. I love her, but she's gotta watch running herself ragid and wearing herself thin."

Abby chuckles as right on cue, the front door opens and Dutch stands up to greet the woman entering.

"Finally... I'm home."

Dutch walks over and gives Christy a kiss. Afterwhich Christy looks around.

"I'm too late, aren't I?"

"I just laid him down an hour ago."

Christy nods as she walks over and sets her bag down by the couch before looking at Abby.

"Glad you haven't left yet, I wanted to talk to you."

Abby cocks an eyebrow at that as Dutch chuckles.

"I'll let you girls get to it then, I'm going to hop in the shower."

Christy nods as Dutch walks out of the room. Christy walks over and sits next to Abby on the couch. Abby looks her over a second, before deciding to go first.

"How'd it go?"

Christy shrugs.

"It was nothing too major, I just did a little promo on the Pay Per View. They know I'm there now, though."

Abby nods.

"I'm more concerned with how you are... That was a tough break."

Abby looks over to Christy with a slight confusion.

"How the heck do you even know about that? You was in Tokyo, at another Pay Per View, at the same time."

"It's a 15 hour flight... I streamed a replay."

"Oh."

It's all Abby can say before giving a slight nod.

"Like I tried to tell you, though."

"The advice you gave me, had nothing to do with my performance, which I'm not let down by. It was a great match, she just got the better of me."

"True, but no one is taking you seriously. You have yet to gain that attention, that is my point."

Abby shakes her head in disagreement.

"That's your way, it's not mine."

"You're just worried you will take that route and enjoy it."

"Not really."

"You've been this one way your entire career. Always with respect and honor, no matter what. I get that, but maybe it's time for a change? Maybe it's time for something new?"

Abby sighs.

"Think about it, what is the worse that can happen? You don't like it, so go back to your old ways... it's not that hard."

"Just change who I am and try to go back to who I was, which can't be done... makes a lot of sense."

"Right, cause Hogan didn't get his fanbase back..."

Abby just rolls her eyes.

"Plus you got that whole straight edge thing going for you."

"Not entirely, but now you want me to rip off C..."

"No... but I'm saying it will be different, it's not like you'll just be... me. I can see why you would worry about that."

"We are two entirely different people, I wasn't worried about that."

"I taught you everything you know."

"But we still have different lives and experiences."

"Touche'."

"Anyways I'm going to get some sleep, I have a flight to catch early in the morning."

"You don't have to rush off, you're more than welcome to stay here until you need to travel for LAW's next show."

"Appreciate the offer, but I'm sure Kris is missing me."

Christy stands up shaking her head.

"I still can't believe you married my nephew."

"It's not like I knew that when we started dating."

"I know, but still."

Abby shrugs as she lays out on the couch.

"Sleep well, though."

"Right."

"Don't let the bed bugs bite."

Christy acted like she was going to tickle Abby as she said that, which Abby just shakes her head and chuckles.

"Dork."

"But, you love me."

"On occassion."

Christy chuckles and heads out of the room as Abby shuts off the lamp next to her and the scene bathes in darkness.

September 9th, 2017
===ON CAMERA===

"So Close... but not, close enough."

Abby sits on a bench basking in the Boulder night air as she looks up to the camera.

"I put on quite a show, quite a match with Gaby, but in the end... it wasn't enough. The truth is... I'm okay with that. I'm not perfect, I'm not invicible and I never claimed to be. I put everything I had into that match and it didn't pan out. That doesn't mean I sulk about it, that doesn't mean I cry and run off... that just means I come back and try again."

She gives a small nod.

"Some people would make up excuses, but no. Gaby was the better competitor on that night. While it wouldn't of matter who it was that beat me, I would have owned up to it and accepted it like I have now, the fact that she went on to win the entire thing, that makes me feel even better. I didn't lose to just anybody, I lost to the same person who won the entire thing. So not one person can claim they out-performed me, besides Gaby herself. You made the Semi-Finals? Well good for you, but one two of you didn't face Gaby, and look what happened to the one who did. Same goes for the finals, yes Sarah made it all the way to the end.. but she lost when she met Gaby... my opponent. The point I'm making, who really knows what would of happened had I faced anyone else, had I not drawn her name. I cannot prove I would of better, but not a single one of you, can prove I would of done worse."

Pausing for a moment she gives another soft nod.

"That is now in the past. As some of you claimed me to be a part-timer. Claimed I was only here for the tournament, failing to listen to me when I had claimed it was only a platform for my full time return. I have lost, I do not have a championship match to hype... and yet, here I am. Just as I said I would be. My opponent... she's off to a good start, she's one and zero after defeating Minako at the Queen of the Ring. Good for her. I know she's had her fun trying to goade me all week on twitter, but I never fell for her trap, I never fell for her childish games. I don't need to poke fun of someone... I don't need to make an ass of myself on social media. I do enough talking... in the ring."

"Before I say too much, though... I think I need to set the record straight. I need to clear the air, cause Roxy is not the first one and she won't be the last. My name, My Gimmick, it is the exact opposite of what you think. Growing up... my father was an acloholic. He was addicted to alcohol. To the point he walked out on me and my mother when I was 15 years old. I had animosity towards him for that, but ultimately, he did me a favor. Years later I have come to find out what happens to my many half brothers and sisters that have had his influence in their lives. My Mother, she was addicted to Heroin. There was more to that story than I had realized I would again discover many years later, but the point is that drug took her from me 2 days after my 18th birthday with an overdose."

"Make no mistake about it, I have lived my life, without Addictions... because Addiction, has torn my family apart. I seen first hand, how tough they can be to beat... That is My 'gimmick'. My Father's addiction turned him into the dead beat that walked out on me and my mother... my mother's addiction took her from me entirely. At 18 years old, I was left without a family, other than my best friend, where I adopted her family. Her father has been more of a father to me than my actual father ever was."

She wipes back a small tear that has welled up just mentioning her mother.

"The point is, that is who I am. That is why I choose that name. Whoever gets it wrong now, well you can't say I didn't give them a fair chance to learn the truth. To Roxy, though... I know she has her little gang, but I'm not intimidated... I've stood by myself against a gang of thugs before in this business... they called themselves the Queens of Wrestling. I'm not saying your Cool Kids would be as easily dispatched as the all bark no bite Queens, at least I would sure hope not, but it still proves the point... it does not effect, nor intimidate me."

She shakes her head as she stands up.

"I have no friends here, I have no allies. Yet I still say to bring them all, if that's what you need to do, if that's what it takes for you to defeat me. The fact is, that's the only way you would be able to take me... I will not fall, I will not fail. If it takes your army to get the job done, then I am sad for you. Meet me in that ring, one on one, bell to bell, just the two of us... show the world what you really got. You do that, and you actually pull it off? You will have done something. You may not know of my name here in this company... because I just got here not too long before you did..."

She slowly shakes her head.

"My name carries weight in this industry. Whether some choose to ignore it or not, is on them. I'm not being cocky, I'm being honest. My reputation preceeds me. If you wish to deny it though, that is fine... maybe it's best you do. Maybe you can accept it better when you come to the reality that you can't... and you won't..."

She stares into the camera.

"Beat The Addiction."

Fade.

NEXT MATCH
Date: 9/10/17
Card: LAW #68
Opponent(s): Roxy Cotton
Stipulation: Singles Match

LAST 5 MATCHES
Date: 8/27/17
Card: Queen of the Ring
Opponent(s): Gabby Camacho