Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

LAW #48 - 6/12/16 Empty LAW #48 - 6/12/16

Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:30 am
The scene opens backstage of the UCF Convocation Center in Orlando, Florida. The show is set to kick off soon, but at the moment we have a shot of Colin Reed, wearing decent looking suit, sitting on a chair with his hand clasped together in his lap as he looks to the camera.

COLIN REED
"Hello LAW Fans, Colin Reed here. We're coming off the heels of Validation and are getting set for what promises to be a very intriguing 48th Edition of the LAW Live Events, as we have 4 of this year's Queen of the Ring Qualifiers. On top of that, one of those matches will be featuring a woman making her debut here in Ladies All-Star Wrestling. A Woman who is joining me right now and goes by the name of Abby Addiction."

Colin smiles and looks over off camera to his left.

COLIN REED
"Abby, thank you for joining me."

The camera pans back enough to show Abby sitting in a similar chair next to Colin, already wearing her wrestling tights, which is teal with a dark green trim. She smiles and nods at Colin's words.

ABBY ADDICTION
"It's a pleasure to be here, Colin."

COLIN REED
"So Abby, why LAW?"

Abby smirks and gives a slight shrug.

ABBY ADDICTION
"Why not?"

COLIN REED
"The Way I understand it, you began your career five years ago."

Abby nods.

ABBY ADDICTION
"That's right, I stuck to the one company instead of jumping around like so many other people. I stayed in that one company and did everything that I can do there, including a special tournament I was never allowed to enter until last year. To put it simply, it was time to move on, and start over."

COLIN REED
"I get that, just curious really, what made you decide for LAW to be that one?"

Abby nods slightly pondering the question before giving a slight shrug.

ABBY ADDICTION
"I don't know, to be honest. I really don't know how to answer that, because I don't know why. It's hard to explain, but it just kind of stood out to me, and I don't know why."

Colin gives a shrug of his shoulders before speaking again.

COLIN REED
"Well coincidently, you mentioned being involved in a tournament last year for the first time, and you have a qualifier for the Queen of the Ring tonight, any comparison?"

Abby chuckles as she nods.

ABBY ADDICTION
"It was called the same thing. I won the 2015 Queen of the Ring tournament in my last company. I was never able to enter it, despite I always wanted to, because I was always involved in the Championship match instead, usually defending. Technically I should have been in it again last year, but I forfeited my rematch clause strictly to finally enter the tournament. Which case I didn't even go for the title shot after that either, because I just wanted the honor of the crown, not the championship I had done held enough."

COLIN REED
"Do I detect a little bit of arrogance there?"

ABBY ADDICTION
"Not intentionally if you do. I'm just being honest. I didn't want the title anymore because I wanted to step aside and let someone else get their shot. With that tournament, I had done it all, and began making my preparations to move on with my career, elsewhere."

COLIN REED
"Which is here, but speaking of winning that tournament last year. Do you think that gives you an advantage here?"

Abby shrugs.

ABBY ADDICTION
"I don't know, I don't think it does, really. I mean sure if I win this qualifier, I won't be caught by surprise at the Pay Per View that I could possibly be in three matches because that's exactly how it was last year for me. Well, I wrestled the first two rounds on different nights, but the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals, and Finals all took place on the same night. That's the only thing I would remotely call an advantage, which it's not really, it's just a mindset that I know what to expect."

COLIN REED
"You won it before, though. How is that not an advantage?"

ABBY ADDICTION
"It is in the sense of knowing what to expect, or what it will take. It's not such a clear cut advantage, though, is what I'm trying to say. It's different because my opponents are different. Last year I had a history with the majority of the other 7 Quarter Finalists, most of them I had faced, the couple I hadn't, I still knew plenty of them by watching them. That aided me, I was prepared for any of the other seven, so I was ready for the three I wound up facing. It's different now, because if I get there, I still won't know hardly anything about the others. Yes, I can learn, I can study, which I will have to, but it's still not the same. It is for that reason, I actually believe it to be a lot tougher than last year."

Colin gives a nod, placing his hands under his chin.

COLIN REED
"Fair points all the way around. You have to first get there, though, of course. That we will not know, until tonight when you step into the ring with Orchid in a Qualifying Match."

Abby smiles and nods.

ABBY ADDICTION
"I'm looking forward to it, as well."

COLIN REED
"Last time you spoke, you said you didn't know much about her. Have you done your homework yet?"

Abby chuckles.

ABBY ADDICTION
"A little, not much. I know she's almost as new to this place as I am, but not quite. She had a hell of a Four Way Match at Validation as well with Mindy De Santiago, Alexis Blake, and Kayla Winters."

COLIN REED
"That was her LAW Debut actually."

Abby nods.

ABBY ADDICTION
"She had a great match and looked pretty good, just narrowly missing out on stopping Mindy from picking up the pin. That was Mindy's debut as well, wasn't it?"

Colin nods as Abby smirks.

ABBY ADDICTION
"Impressive debut for both of them. That's what I look to be doing. I will have to bring it tonight because I know Orchid will be looking to bounce back after barely losing her debut. She's going to be out to prove herself. Maybe beating someone else making their debut isn't it, but the prize is."

COLIN REED
"Don't sell yourself short, you got yourself quite a following with those promos to hype up your debut."

Abby scratches the back of her neck, slightly perplexed.

ABBY ADDICTION
"I thought that was a bit much, myself, but regardless. The fact remains, whether she knows me or not, this match is a big way for her to bounce back, or for me to make an impactful debut, because of the Implications. The Winner of this match, despite both being brand new to the roster, is already shot into the tournament of tournaments. A major championship opportunity for its winner."

COLIN REED
"Certainly a good way to get noticed, I'll agree."

ABBY ADDICTION
"Winning isn't everything, though. However, I don't like to lose, either. The result of that is bringing my best to that ring every single match, it doesn't matter if I'm facing the World's Champion, some rookie making their debut, or the girl working the concession stand. I bring it, always have, always will. That is why it does not matter how little I know of my opponent, or how much she does or doesn't study me. It does not stop me from making this match worth while. I will bring my part, I can promise you that. How much she brings, well that depends on her I guess."

Abby wipes her hand through her hair as she stands up.

ABBY ADDICTION
"However much she does decide to bring, I'll be looking forward to it. I'll be waiting and ready... ready to remind her, and the world, you can't just simply... beat an Addiction."

Abby smirks as she shakes Colin's hand before walking off camera. Colin looks at the camera and shrugs as the scene fades away.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum