Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

Bad Company IV - 8/29/18 Empty Bad Company IV - 8/29/18

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:49 am
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out of the Shadows

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loud thuds ring out in the dark gym. The chain rattles as the punching bag swings a few times. Eli Goode sits down at the bleachers looking at the bag. A singular light shines on him as he rests the Carnage Wrestling Baltimore City Championship on his lap. He takes in a deep breath trying to think of the right words to say.

“You know, it’s been a while since something like this has come along. A chance to prove to people everywhere what I can do. Yeah, I’ve been in multiple tournaments at this point, and I’ve been fighting for multiple title shots, but for some reason, this is something different. Something I can’t describe.”

He chuckles to himself as he looks to the ground.

“People have seen me as a lucky man recently. I won this belt, I defended it, and now, I’ve been allowed to enter this tournament. I know that luck doesn’t matter to people like use, but it’s always nice to know what people think.”

He looks back up and tries to smile.

“Look, you can ignore me all you want, but it’s been too long since you’ve been gone. Look at the madness that’s taken over. People don’t take this business seriously anymore. People only care about themselves now. They don’t want to earn their shots. They want to be handed them.”

He lifts up his hand and points out of the gym.

“Bad Company is happening soon, and you and I both know this is your chance to show people what you can do. I know you’re hesitant, but you’ve got what everyone wants. You have the stamina, charisma, power, you’re everything a wrestler wants to be. You need to show that.”

Eli sighs rubbing his hand through his hair.

“Look, I get it. You’ve been burned by some many people. You don’t trust anyone, but Jack trusts you. Jack believes in you… Like he believes in me. You’ve proven yourself to people, and that’s why he wants you as my partner. It’s also why I want you as my partner. These other wrestlers don’t know what it’s like to do what you’ve done. They’ll stab people in the back to get what they want.”

Eli stands up and places his title over his shoulder.

“You’ve always earned what you’ve gotten. I’ve earned what I’ve got right now. We’ve been on similar paths of proving people wrong. Fighting to get to where we are. Every single person in this tournament wants to win, but they don’t want it as much as we do. This isn’t about winning titles. This is about proving to people that fighting for something can get what you want.”

Eli takes a few steps towards the punching bag, but he keeps from getting closer.

“Omerta will be our opponents in the first round. That’s the team of Cyrus Riddle and Dakota Smith. They’ve got some prestige behind them, but we can stop them. We can beat them. No, we have to beat them.”

He stops and watches the bag continue to move. He sighs looking at the gym.

“Ok, I get it. The silent treatment has become very clear, but I just have to ask one question. What happened? What happened to the person that never backed down from a fight? Hm, what happened to the person that would fight anyone, and say, ‘Bring it?’ What happened to that person? I know that person is still there. I know that person wants to fight. She’s inside wanting to shut people up.”

Eli slowly lowers his title from his shoulder and lets it hang from his left hand.

“That spirit is inside wanting to come out, but you’re holding it in. Everyone in this tournament needs to see it. Hell, Jack needs to see it. He knows it’s still there, but you’ve been hiding it for so long he may be second guessing himself. When we beat Omerta and our next opponents, we could be fighting him and Kyra. We need to show him that your fighting spirit is there ready to take everyone on.”

He lifts up his right hand and points at the punching bag.

“No one should see you hiding. No one should see you away from the ring. So dammit, it’s time for you to come back. This tournament is finally the time, and by God, you’re coming with me. I don’t care if I have to drag you out myself. You were a World Champion, and it’s time for everyone to remember that. I’m getting tired of other people getting the limelight, and you’re not. You deserve to show off your skills. You deserve to be a champion. You deserve your accolades.”

Eli lowers his hand and tries to slow down his breathing. The bag stops move as the thuds stop. He takes in a deep breath as he continues to keep his eyes on the punching bag. He gulps finally taking time to think about what he was saying. He lifts up his chin not backing down.

“The people are forgetting about you. They aren’t saying your name like they should. They aren’t treat you with the respect you deserve. So, I think it’s time to show those people why you deserve their respect. I can promise you that I will be by your side one hundred percent. I will never back down from the fight. When you need a hand, I will be there to give it to you. When you need a breather, I will jump in so you can have that breather. I’ve proven myself to Jack, to you, and to everyone else in this business. I can stand toe-to-toe with anyone, and I’m to stand toe-to-toe with you as my partner.”

Silence takes over the room as Eli takes a few more steps forward.

“You don’t have to worry about a thing. I’ll be by your side to help. I’ll fight with you. I’m your partner this time. I’m not your enemy. If you still doubt me because of our past, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything that I’ve done to hurt you, but it’s time to put that in the past. It’s time to move forward, and I’m ready to do that if you are. For once in my life, I’m ready to accept your help. You’ve always been someone I respected. Even during my bad patch, I respected what you were doing. These teams in this tournament haven’t earned my respect. Paragon is the only team that has my respect. That’s who we are. We are Paragon. We are here to fix what this business has messed up, and I need you to remember that.”

Eli lower his title and places it on the ground. He slowly moves down to his knees and looks up.

“Please, there aren’t many people I would beg to, but I’m begging, pleading to you to help Paragon. You’re still with us. You never left us, but I just want you to know that we need you now. It’s time to come out of the shadows and back into the light. Paragon is meant to be that light to the wrestling business. So please, help us be that light. You’ve proven that you can stand with the best of them; prove that again.”

A small rustle of clothes comes from behind the punching bag. Eli looks around and sees the figure of the shadow moving closer to him. Suddenly, the shadow blocks the light from hitting Eli’s face; however, the figure’s face is revealed to be Christy Clark-Chaos. She looks down at Eli and grabs him by the shoulder. She jerks him up causing him to mildly lose his footing. He slightly grins at her waiting for a response. She simply gives him a sideways smile as her response. She extends her hand, and Eli takes it and shakes it. He chuckles to himself and slowly turns his head to stare into the camera.

“Well, you all saw this coming. I just wanted to add some suspense. But to all of our opponents at Bad Company, I can’t wait for you to see what we can do. There is no way that you can beat Paragon. This team will destroy the competition, and we will become the Tag Team Champions. This will be a moment that you’ll never forget. None of you are going to beat us. Why? We’re simply… That Damn Goode. Ladies and gents…. Welcome to Paragon.”

The shot slowly fades to black.

END

JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

Bad Company IV - 8/29/18 Empty Re: Bad Company IV - 8/29/18

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:51 am
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back into the Light

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It has been far too long..."

CRASH CRASH CRASH

The ocean continues to crash off of a large rock off the Hawaiian shores. In the crescent of the rock a figure is barely visible within the shadows.

"I have been away from this business, this industry... For too long. This sport has been my passion, my entire livelihood for so long though, I never seem to manage to stay away. Everytime I think I'm done... That I've done enough, that I just don't feel it anymore. It creeps back. I get that nagging feeling, and I am sucked right on back in."

The figure leans down, twirling their hand into the ocean water. After a couple swirls they pull their hand back out and look at it a moment.

"My name was once synonymous with this industry. Not this company, but another. I ruled that company, everybody knew my name... I was feared, I was revered. With two Undisputed Title Reigns, I was champion for a combined 319 Days. However that company is long gone, so goes the only company where my name would never be forgotten. That's the problem. This company, it never gave me the respect or recognition. Bitter I am not, but that being said, it is no surprise I have been forgotten."

You can faintly see the shadowed figure shaking their head as they stand up against the large rock.

"THAT I cannot allow. That, I will not allow. That is why I am here, today. It's one thing to ride off into the sunset, knowing you left your legacy... It's something else entirely, when you know your name is fading off into obscurity. I can't have that... I WON'T have that. That is why I am here... That is why, much like my partner said so perfectly... It is time to step out of the shadows..."

She steps forward into the sunlight, revealing what you already knew, Christy Chaos, sporting a baby blue 2 piece bikini, with her bare feet piercing the ocean water.

"And back into the light."

Christy brushes a hand through her hair and chuckles softly.

"Of course, you knew this was an inevitability at some point. I once said, I would not rest... Until I am a World Champion, outside of my comfort zone. I ruled the roost of one company, but whispers came about, that was the only place I could get it done. There were thoughts and speculations that Christy Chaos is a one trick pony... Which I assure you, she is NOT and eventually I would get my chance to prove it. So it was only a matter of time before I would be back in that ring. The only question is when and where. Only time can tell on that, but everyone should take notice. Bad Company is your preview... Bad Company is your teaser... For who may be knocking on your doorstep very soon."

"It's not about the championships... Not about the money. It's about reminding the world... Reminding myself. Who I am... What I stand for. Win or lose, nobody forgets my name. If I happen to bring home a championship and hefty paycheck in the process... Then so be it."

She fiddles with her hair a moment as she thinks for a moment before looking back to the camera.

"It won't be easy... To win it all, we must overcome team after team... We have to go through four matches in one night. It's not the stamina that concerns me... I can handle that. The task ahead, won't be a question of stamina... But rather will... And desire. We will see our fair share of it. Every team we step into the ring with, no matter one team... Or four... Or whatever in between. Every single one of those teams are looking to make their statement. No matter what it is. Whether it's to be the Tag Team Champions... Whether it's to make themselves a little bit richer... Whether it's about showing the world watching, who the most dominate tag team in this industry is... Or for people like me and Eli... Just looking to show the world who we really are... And what we can really do. No matter the case, it will not be an easy task at all... Especially for us. We have a tough challenge ahead of us, right out of the gate, but we are up to the challenge."

She smirks as she gives a nod.

"Now I know Omerta has a strong advantage over me and Eli. I'm no idiot. Omerta has been around this company for a long time. It was around when I made my original 4CW debut, so really I have no clue how deep and long that brotherhood goes... While me and Eli, we have a dark past. We know this... But that's what it is, the past. He has long shown his sorrow for his actions with my niece. All has been forgotten, all has been forgiven."

Christy gives a slight nod of her head.

"Even if you forget about that, though... They are still a pair of 4CW Legends. One of which is not only one of only three, but he is the very first Inductee into the 4CW Hall of Fame. It's no shock, no surprise... The Vegas odds of me and Eli even making it past the first round... Are very slim. But much like my partner has done the last couple of years... I have made an ENTIRE Career out of proving people wrong. Don't think that we can't do it again... Don't think that we WON'T do it again."

"The fact we have drawn two names synonymous with 4CW for our first round opponents, it does not intimidate me. It excites me. Because WHEN we eliminate them, send them packing right from the very first round... The rest of the night makes no difference, the point has already been made loud and clear. We are NOT to be taken lightly... We are NOT the pushovers you all think us to be. My name is not, to be forgotten. That is what will push us into the next round... Whether anyone believes in it or not. We will do exactly that and continue to step up to any other team that stands in our way. As big and bad as you boys believe yourselves to be... You will find out first hand... That Paragon, truly is That Damn Goode and that the two of you, along with anyone else who stands in our way... Are nothing more, than more Stars Struck."

She takes a step out of the water and out of frame, but steps back with her finger up as she nods to the camera.

"As a founding member... It gives me great Pride... And Honor, to say..."

With a small smirk to the camera she continues.

"Welcome... To Paragon."

She walks out of frame as the camera turns back to the chopping water. With one final shot of the Ocean skyline off the shores of Hawaii, the cameras slowly fade out.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum