Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

Octane #6 - 9/8/17 Empty Octane #6 - 9/8/17

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:07 am
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Name... Is Just A Name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's been some time, hasn't it?"

Christy sits at the desk of her office inside the Mean Machine School of Wrestling. Shifting through some papers she glances up to the camera, that is assumably propped up on a tripod.

"I thought about doing this whole spiel, this whole skit about a petition that could change my 4CW Career. Telling everyone or at least my opponents, to change their first name to Alexis, joke being whether it be Terry at last year's South Beach Brawl, or Morrison last month... it's the only name I can seem to beat in a 4CW Ring."

"I wanted to face Alexis Cashe, Alexis Hopkins, Alexis Smith, Alexis Williams, Alexis Hayden... heck even Alexis Valescence. That was the joke, anyway. However, that match, as eluded, was over a month ago... no one remembers, no one cares. The fact that you're seeing me on 4CW Broadcasting for the first time in over a month, most of you still don't care. The thing is, I don't care, that you don't care. As funny of a twist in words as that is. If I was one to care what other people think, I probably would not have signed a recent contract I have signed."

She leans back in her chair giving a soft chuckle. Of course, anyone who even has a clue what she is talking about would tell her what a "mistake" she has made, but as she mentioned, she doesn't care what they think.

"I know what you think of them... I know what they think of you. I don't have blinders to that crap, though. I see talent, I want to face it. You can argue who has more, I get that, but there is some there, I've seen them. Will I get dragged through the mud because my name is still attached to here? Yea, probably, but that's my boat to row. I'll worry about that, that is on Thursday that I begin that escapade, however. This right now, is about, Friday."

Right then Christy's cell phone begins vibrating across her desk. She chuckles and shakes her head.

"Naturally."

Looking at who it is, she gives a slight shrug before answering it.

"Hey daddy."

"Hey pumpkin, what are you up to?"

"Oh nothing much, just in the middle of something."

"Should I call back?"

"No it's fine, just make it quick, what'd you want?"

"Just to wish you luck on your company's first Pay Per View."

"Appreciate it, but ya that could have waited... I'll call you back later."

"I understand. I love you."

"You too."

Christy is about to hang up when a thought crosses her mind.

"Actually wait... you still there?"

"I'm here."

"I wanted to ask... did you by chance have a kid with someone else besides mom?"

"You know your mother was the only woman for me."

"So I don't have a half sister named Zoe?"

"Where is this coming from?"

"My opponent, her name is Zoe Chaos."

"Honey, you know as well as I do, Chaos is just a ring name, that is just a coincidence."

Christy sighs slightly rolling her eyes.

"Okay, Buzzkill... I'm going to get back to it."

"Have fun."

Christy hangs up the cell and lays it back on the desk. Leaning back in her chair again she looks back to the camera.

"I wasn't really going to run with that joke, anyway. Whoever booked this match sure thinks they have quite the sense of humor, though, don't they?"

Chuckling lightly she shakes her head.

"I'm not even going to try and claim you stole my name because quite frankly, it's not that original of a name. I have been using it for over a decade and still, I can say, it's not that original. Quite frankly, you guessed it, I don't care. A name is just a name. It doesn't matter if I call myself Christy Chaos or Christy Cena. Call me whatever you want, Christy the Clown, call me Christy the Reject... I don't care if you call me a Broadway prostitute. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you call me, it matters what I do, in that ring and honey, that is where I live."

"It is why I have gone to another company, I live for competition. I was left unbooked for a month, I was bored, what can I say? So no, it doesn't matter about our names, a name is just a name. It's all about what you bring to the ring. I admit I don't know you, honestly, I don't care to know you. Funny thing is, I have been given some dirt on you. Yeah, I was talking to a guy participating in a big match on my Pay Per View. You know, the match that is two guys who aren't on my roster, don't even pretend you don't know what match I am talking about, your champion is one of them, but no, not him. I was talking to the other guy and somehow this match got brought up, apparently, he's faced you before and gave me all kinds of dirt and info."

She nods slightly, thinking back to the conversation with Alessandro.

"I respect him with all we have been through and appreciate it, but I don't need the advice or the dirt he has given me. Looking at you, I honestly don't. I mean so what if you've lost to him a few times, that obviously doesn't mean much, it wouldn't do much good in hyping up his clash with Bronx if he couldn't even beat the likes of you. So no, I don't care about the Devil Worshiping Biker you used to be... or the Goth Harley to your Mister Jay in the Bad Company Tournament. Sure maybe I should worry, maybe I should do my homework a little better... I mean I have come to your territory, right... I am facing you on your turf, on 'your' show. Except, you may be on the roster... but it is FAR from YOUR show... so no, I'm not too worried about that, either. Octane is as much your show as Adrenaline is mine."

She pauses a moment, giving a slight shake of her head. She knows how her luck has faired so far, despite technically being on a one match winning streak right now, but that was also over a month ago, it may as well not of even happened.

"I may not have had the greatest of starts, we all know that. Like I told Alexis, you can use that against me as you wish, I'm not hiding behind it or denying it. Cause the fact remains... I'm still here. All the fibers in my body told me otherwise... but... I'm still here. No matter what happens on Octane... no matter what happens on Adrenaline 72... I'll still be here."

"The fact of the matter, I will remain here... and I will rise... it doesn't matter how long or quick it takes... rest assured, it will happen. It doesn't matter if I take the ski lift, or the long hike, I WILL reach that mountain top. Zoe, you're just another name, just another body in my way. One step forward, or one step back... that's all it really is. So believe me when I say, a name is just a name. Just as it doesn't matter what anyone calls me... it doesn't matter what I call you. Because the only thing you will be in my mind come Octane..."

"Is Just Another Star Struck."

Christy snaps her fingers, causing the camera to stop recording and thus ending the scene.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum