Jay's RolePlay Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
JAY
JAY
Admin
https://jaysrparchives.forumotion.com

We Are Relentless - 9/30/18 Empty We Are Relentless - 9/30/18

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:46 am

09-01-18

8:45 PM PST

"And what's that?"

I listened to those words and had to think about them. I couldn't believe that question had to be asked. How could he not already know the answer? The answer was obvious, but I said it anyway.

"The champion of the world."

I hung up, letting those words sink in. Talking to him, though, I do have to admit, I do miss it. That was clear to me a couple days ago, when I had my first match in months. Of course we didn't win, but I kind of already expected that to happen, I just didn't care. Being in that ring, though did make me miss the whole thing. As I look at this beautiful ocean night skyline on the back deck of my hotel room, I hear the door open behind me.

"You ok out here?"

I return a smile and a nod to my husband.

"Just enjoying the view one last time for our final night here before our flight tomorrow. Is he asleep?"

He gives a nod of his head as he sits down next to me.

"Went out like a light."

He leans in for a kiss before resting his arm around my neck and across my shoulder. I was very glad when he had surprised me at my hotel room after the show. My family is everything to me. We have gone through a lot these last few months. I don't like that it has kept me out of public view for so long, we kept it to ourselves. It has been rough, but we have made it through. The worst is behind us, now I can't help but think about the other love, the other void in my life.

"You're thinking about a return aren't you?"

I don't know how he does it. He reads my mind so well. More proof of that, I just give him that look and don't say a single word and yet he does it again.

"I can just see it in your eyes. The fire was brought back a couple days ago and you've got the taste again. I don't blame you, if it's what you want to do, you know I'm fully behind you."

I had a bright smile on my face. It was nice having a husband who understands you completely.

"I really appreciate that. It has been on my mind, I do admit. That match has only kicked it back in overdrive."

"Then what's stopping you? Do it."

"I can't just jump back and forth all the time. I am needed at home."

"We're fine. You're fine, we're all fine now. You're needed where your heart needs you, and that is your other home. The ring is your second home, it's where you belong. After all you've been through, you deserve it."

I lean into him and smile broadly.

"Maybe you're right."

We continued to snuggle as he smirks and looks out to the ocean.

"But that's what you can worry about when we get home. Right now, it's our last night in Hawaii and our son is asleep... I think we need to enjoy this, don't you?"

I chuckled lightly and give a nod. I knew what he really had in mind. My decision could be made when we get back home and then begins a whole new question... where?

09-26-18

8:05 PM EST

"Yea, I'll be back at the hotel here in a few, just stopped to pick me up something."

Right on cue the barista hands me my change as I give them a smile before picking up my Carmel frappe and turning away from the counter. I only take a few steps before chuckling and shaking my head at what I heard on the other end of my cell phone.

"I don't know how you knew that, but yes. I been working out all day, and will continue to do so the remainder of the week."

That was kind of why we got settled in early after all, so I can work out as much as possible before my debut.

"I think I deserve one, don't you?"

I continue to walk through the mall, then chuckle at the response.

"Yea, yea, smartass... Give squirt a kiss for me, I'll see you both soon, love you."

Upon hearing the response I hang up my cell phone and keep walking through the mall. As I near the exit, I am spotted by a young woman, college-aged with shoulder-length brown hair. She definitely recognizes me based on the excited expression on her face as she rushes towards me. I guess it's what I get for going out in public without even trying to hide myself. I have been away from the public view for so long, I thought I could get away with it, lucky a CW camera crew isn't with me right now I guess. The woman seems even more excited now that she's right in front of me, seemingly she was checking me out to see if I was who she thought I was.

"Oh my god... it really IS you."

I smile and give a nod.

"Yep, in the flesh. Who might you be?"

"I'm Valerie, and I'm such a HUGE fan of yours."

I am pleased to meet a huge fan and quickly stick out my hand for a handshake.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Val..."

Before I can even finish saying her name, she skips my handshake and jumps in straight for a hug. I am of course caught off guard by this, but laugh and return the hug.

"I never thought I'd see you here."

"Yea, I got something going on this weekend."

"That's cool, but I mean... WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN?"

Guess I should have seen that one coming. With a slight sigh, I nod and answer the only answer I can.

"It's a long story."

"I mean you were competing in two federations... no... you were RUNNING a federation and just vanished out of thin air. Months and months go by without a word from you. For your fans, we were worried. I knew you've had a couple big hits in your life over the last couple years, I could have only imagined what was next."

I was completely taken back, staring at the woman almost dumbfounded for a second. I didn't ever think my lack of status updates was affecting my fans so deeply.

"First, Valerie, thank you so much. I greatly appreciate your concern, I really do. I never thought of how my absence and lack of reasoning affected my fans so deeply. For that I plan on telling them all where I have been when the time is right, but thank them for my support. For you, though, I am able to tell you right now, I have had another bad patch these last few months I admit. I wasn't in any shape, nor was I even in the right mind to talk to the world, but I'm through it, I'm fine now. Thank you so much for your concern, Valerie."

Valerie looks ready to cry as she gives me another hug. I smile and return it of course. After a few more moments she pulls back.

"So what's your plans in Baltimore this weekend?"

I give a big smirk before responding.

"Well, before I can answer that, I have to ask... are you a fan of Carnage?"

"Well, it is local, so of course."

"Then you should know, I'm here to cheer on Jack in his quest to the World Championship. Who you got?"

"Well I'm not sure if it matters who wins the first match, I feel like Melody is going to find a way to retain, regardless."

"Going for the wily female that always does whatever it takes to win, eh?"

"Are you surprised?"

I chuckle with a nod, knowing what she means.

"Well like I said, I'm here to support Jack. You know my history with him, I know him well. If anyone is going to end her reign... it's Jack."

"Fair enough."

"But anyway, Val. I've got to get going, my husband is waiting on me. It was really great to meet you, truthfully... and you know what."

I dig through my purse before finding a pen and pulling it out. I hand my frappe over to Valerie, of course she looks confused.

"Hold that for a second."

She obliges as I turn over my Starbucks receipt and sign my name onto it. Under my signature though, I add a little bonus.

"I truthfully do appreciate your concern and I want you to know when I am fine so you don't have to worry, so here is my cell number."

Valerie looks speechless at the receipt as I trade it to her for my frappe.

"Th... thank you."

I give a nod before turning back towards the exit.

"Wait."

I stop and look back over to Valerie.

"I don't believe you would be in town four days early to support Jack in a match he doesn't have until Sunday."

She has a point.

"I also remember when you held the Women's Championship throughout my entire freshmen year of high school. Coming Soon, eh?"

I smirk broadly at Valerie, who's got a smirk of her own.

"Busted."

09-29-18

6:55 PM EST

"Home."

The CW webcast cameras have a good shot of the harbor of the edge of Federal Hill Park in Baltimore, Maryland. I am currently out of view standing next to the camera, but continue to speak.

"The ring has become a second home for me."

Some giggles can be heard from the play area. As the camera moves it catches a glimpse of me, but the shadows of the setting sun have my face covered. Off out of view, I see my husband playing with my son. This brings a smile to my face, they made the trip for my debut match, but of course, there's someone else close to my husband, who also has a pretty important match, which is also the reason he has come. I continue to watch them off-screen, while the camera stays on me.

"I have been away from it for too long. Personal issues in my life, have kept me away from it. Last month I got a taste. My heart was not fully in it, I was just there, more or less."

"Being in that ring, though... it did re-ignite a strong desire I knew never died. That is my desires and my purpose of being in that ring, doing what I was born to do. Other than that brief taste, the time has finally come, for me to return to my second home... for real."

The camera is now to my back as I begin walking the park, leaving my husband to occupy my son.

"I hope Carnage Wrestling and more importantly, Will Prydor, are aware that this is different from a month ago. I didn't care a month ago, because I expected nothing to come from it, I knew them well, with my fair share of experience with the company. I'm not bad mouthing or anything, just that I expected it, even if I don't agree with it. Personally, I felt like the champions should have retained if anything, but that is all besides the point."

"The point and difference here... is that I'm not entering that ring, already knowing I'm going to lose. I'm not entering that ring, just to be there, just to compete and support some friends, without really caring either which way how it goes down."

"No, I am entering that ring, as if I belong there because I do. Driven, like I am, I bring my own unique style to that ring."

I say that with such confidence because I know it to be true.

"That's what you need to be aware of. I have gone through some rough times these last few months, but I am finally ready to return to that ring and do what it is I do best. Unlike a month ago, I'm entering that ring, not knowing I will lose... but doing everything I can... to win."

"If you haven't figured it out by now, my long awaited full-time return to the ring is coming on September 30th at Carnage Wrestling's We Are Relentless. I am very much looking forward to it, I have truly missed competing and can't wait to get there. Will made a tweet and he made a good point I have to agree with. Despite my hype videos have hinted at achievements and accolades I have achieved in the past, the reality is, what I have achieved in the past does not make a difference here, or in this match."

Well duh, of course, it doesn't.

"They are only used in my videos, just for fun really... an element, a base, to build the suspense... am I someone important really? Well no, not to you. The funny thing is, once my name is revealed, hardly anyone will even know me. Not to say no one, because a few will. Most of the ones who will, already knows I am here and that I will be debuting against Will."

"There is still a couple that doesn't, though. Like the UltraViolent Champion, for example. He has no clue I have arrived, yet he will know the name. The fact is, though... the accolades being used to hint me, are only that... a way to hype me up... because why not?"

I chuckle, true it is fun to hype yourself up, even though it could all blow up in my face, but I am not going to let that happen.

"That being said, Will is right for what he said on Twitter. What I have achieved in the past, doesn't matter. At the same time, though, it doesn't matter that you are a former Carnage World Champion. Even if you did lose that title to a woman, not unlike myself. It just goes to show that Will oughtta know as well as I do, you can't judge a book by its cover."

"I know more than anyone, you can't go by what people think. You can't assume based on one's achievements how something is going to go. I have spent the vast majority of my career, an underdog. I have made an entire career, out of proving people wrong and doing what isn't supposed to be done. I broke the record, that no one ever thought would be broken. I ran a gauntlet, I was never expected to win and was even called stupid for setting it up, to begin with."

I stop walking and smile to myself thinking about that career-defining victory as I stare at the water down in front of me. Knowing the camera is still on my back I continue to speak.

"So yes Will, I'm well aware what happened in the past... makes no difference for the present. It's a clean slate, not just for me personally in this company... but every match is a clean slate when you think about it. That being said, I do still have to disappoint you though. That is when I deny you of that one simple word you spoke of."

"That victory is mine for the taking, not yours. I've waited too long to get back in that ring, just to be shot down right off the bat... it's not going to happen. Yes I know it won't be easy like I said, you are a former World Champion. Obviously, you have made yourself known here. You are already established, and outside of a handful of people, I am nobody. So it will be a test for me of course, but one I am more than ready to pass. We share a lot in common, from the fact we have both been successful in our own right. We've also both ran our own company for a short time. Of course mine went down due to my disappearence, due to personal reasons, while my business partner was busy establishing his own career here. None of that makes a bit of difference, though."

"You may not know who I am, even after my name is unveiled... but you are well aware of what I stand for, considering I am a founding member. That too will be known soon enough, but I refuse to let them down."

"And let them down, I will not. A clean sweep is on the horizon at We Are Relentless. Will Prydor is only the first victim on the evening. Not that you said it directly, but I am well aware of the true meaning if what you said on Twitter. You want me to prove I am worth the hype... I assure you, you will be getting that answer. I am a whole different ball game inside that ring than the doped up drug addict you last stepped into the ring with. Wrestling is in my blood and has been part of me my entire life. You're going to find out for yourself first hand, very soon."

I look over at the cannon pointing towards the water and smile as I place my right hand on it.

"Appropriate, because I have just fired my first shot. It's all on you now, Will. The pressure is all on you. True it's a test for me like I said, you being a former World Champion. That's the thing though... if I lose... not that I will, but IF I lose... so what? I'm virtually nobody, true I have all the hype just to lose my debut but losing to a former World Champion. For you, will they care if you win? Outside of a few people, I am nobody, no one is going to care. So it'd be kind of embarrassing for you to lose, wouldn't it?"

"I wouldn't think so, but to the fans of Carnage Wrestling that's never even heard of me, they would seem to think so. That could be a fate you may not have much choice in, though. I have that kind of effect, I'm afraid. When it's all said and done, you won't have that choice, you will be left on the mat, wondering what just happened. You might be shocked... you might be frustrated... but what you'll be for certain is..."

I turn towards the camera with the dying sun barely showing a glimpse of my face.

"Star Struck."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum